Sign in to follow this  
Guest lunar69

basic panel question on Mooney Bravo...

Guest lunar69

I've just begun using FS9 so please be patient!I was able to install a new guage (the Power Seat... neat!) into the Mooney Bravo panel. I'm viewing it in windowed mode on a monitor set to 1680x1050 resolution. FS9 is using the main_640.bmp to draw the panel and the guage coordinates in panel.cfg appear to be referenced to the 640 bmp.My question is how do I use the main_1024.bmp panel image so as to gain a higher resolution panel?Second question: Is there a place on AVSIM which gathers together a set of 'reference posts' that might help a newbie navigate many of these type of issues?Thanks!

FS9 will automatically load the 1024 bitmap and rescale the gauges appropriately for you...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest lunar69

>FS9 will automatically load the 1024 bitmap and rescale the gauges appropriately for you...OK. Is there a way I can tell that it's using the 1024 bitmap? The resoulution of the panel (fineness of details) 'appears' to be less than my screen resolution.

Guest rkruijer

Deleting the 640 folder might give you an answer.Roelof

Guest iholrf

I had typed an answer to this earlier but decided not to post it as its been over 6 months since I even looked at a gauge. but.. this is what I recall.The old aircract like the Bravo, use the 640 gauges but the 1024 panel. As mentioned if you delete the folder 640 in the cab, you will know for sure (back it up first eh? ;)). I seem to recall fighting with this issue for a while with the bravo cab because I wanted it to use the higher resolution bitmaps, but when you force that use by deleteing the 640 folder and moving the contents of the 1024 folder to the root gauge folder, I found that the gauges do not rotate properly and so on.I never did find out how to make the bravo use the high resolution bitmaps (the XML itself does not support them that I can tell as all the axis are defined for bitmaps in the 640 folder and so on). Others may have more enlightenment on this than I though.CheersShad

Guest lunar69

Thanks for all the suggestions!Actually, there were two files in the subfolder, main_640.bmp and upper_640.bmp. I deleted both of them first and the upper panel guages (actually switches) didn't map well. So, the final fix which worked great was to delete only the main_640.bmp from the subfolder. :-)