Sign in to follow this  
Guest ridgell

maximum range/aircraft limit for TCAS

Guest bartels

I had a request to my TrafficRadarXML for extrem small ranges, a taxi radar I assume. Unfortunately I had a minimum of 1nm hardcoded now its approx. 1m. That's easy and doesn't need much change. But what would be a reasonable maximum of range and observed aircrafts? Now it is 40nm and 100 aircrafts. If this is always enough, I won't introduce adjustable max ranges and aircraft numbers, if not I have to invest a bit of work.BTW: the changes to 1m minimum range is:#define MIN_RANGE (.001)in GdiPlusRadar.hand a different element with range check moved from mouse area to , so the range at startup is always inside the limits:... (A:GPS GROUND TRUE HEADING, degrees)(C:TrafficRadar:TCASRange,number) 0.046875 max 3 min d (>C:TrafficRadar:TCASRange,number) (C:TrafficRadar:TCASBrightness,number) 127 max 255 min d (>C:TrafficRadar:TCASBrightness,number)... (C:TrafficRadar:TCASBrightness,number) 2 - (>C:TrafficRadar:TCASBrightness,number)(C:TrafficRadar:TCASBrightness,number) 2 + (>C:TrafficRadar:TCASBrightness,number)(C:TrafficRadar:TCASRange,number) 2 / (>C:TrafficRadar:TCASRange,number)(C:TrafficRadar:TCASRange,number) 2 * (>C:TrafficRadar:TCASRange,number)

Guest iagman

From my perspective, something that works inside the skin shown below would suit my purposes.http://inlayartglass.com/aiRadar.gifThe range would be variable as shown. 60 NM max range is too high for my tastes. 40 NM would seem to fit a FS better. Perhaps the needs of a combat sim would suggest a longer range. 1 NM minimum is a satisfactory figure.The Gain control on the picture would vary the number of aircraft. This gives the user the ability to adjust the gauge to their system. On my computer, 100 aircraft slows FS so much I cannot uses these radar gauges and have to delete them. If the number of displayed aircraft could be limited, perhaps more folk could enjoy AI radar.I'm not sure what the brightness control is for? But I put a dimmer knob on the gauge anyway.In my FS world, parked aircraft would not be displayed on the screen, if filtering them out were feasible.Glenn

Guest bartels

Does my XMl radar gauge slows your system significantly? In my experience it isn't the number of aircraft, but the redraw frequency of GDI which brings the frame rate down. On the other hand, limiting the number isn't the big deal. One way to remove the parking aircraft is to use InactiveColour="0x000000" then they are at least invisible. You can easily limit the range by limiting (C:TrafficRadar:TCASRange,number), my question concerned the absolute maximum and minumum built in the DLL itself, but I found already a user definable maximum should be possible.

Guest iagman

It was not your radar gauge I was referring to regarding slowing down my system. It has been the f16.gau by Eric Marciano. Any panels containing that gauge just do not run smoothly on my system.I had assumed that the greater the number of possible aircraft that were displayed, the greater the drain on system resources. I may have misunderstood the SDK's TrafficInfo.doc since it recommended not to query for a list of aircraft near the user and their associated variables more that 5 or 6 times per second, or else risk reduced frame rates. 100 aircraft sounded like overkill to me and I thought that may have been the reason I could never use radar gauges. I

Guest bartels

Do you have the TrafficInfo.dll in your modules dir and the power on? I query and draw once per second by the way. A colour coding for heights isn't implemented, you can't get it per XML parameters, the dll itself has to be reprogrammed. It is in GdiPlusRadar.cpp in the method GdiPlusRadar::DrawOneAiSymbol. Instead of switching on pai_data->tcas_state, select the colour on the height difference (pai_data->dlt_alt).

Guest ridgell

have you released a radar? where can i find it?the only radar i knew of ( other then paywares) was eric's.

Guest ridgell

holly guacamole! worked first time! you asked above if it slowed anything down...for me not at all, and i fly with traffic above 80% and use ultimate traffic so the sky was full. i have your gauge behind an overlay (to make it round...cathode) so i need to find the vars to change range and brightness and put something behind you gauge because it is transparent, but it works like a pip! i do not understand how i can drop the source folder anywhere, how does the gauge know? but bottom line...easy install, problem free, no frame hit. THERE IS A NEW SHERIF IN TOWN! ill credit you for the gauge in my Viggen cockpit. i needed to add your name in there somehow, i learned XML from the achored post at the top and searching any post here with your name on it.