Sign in to follow this  
Guest Patrick_Waugh

sound accompanying gauges

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

I am retrofiting a freeware aircraft I downloaded with some better switches/guages but they don't have the sounds they have in the original aircraft (click, turning noises, etc.). I'm not very skilled at all this. Is there something else I need to do? i copied all the sound files from the /sound directory to the new aircraft's /sound directory. does it make a difference if they are xml or .gau? Thanks

Guest Mathias

Gauges which trigger sounds to play usually rely on that sound to be stored in the main Flight simulator 9Soundfolder - definitely NOT in the Sound subfolder of the aircraft involved.xml gauges cannot trigger sounds on their own but rely on a .gau or a general dll module to trigger sounds on thier behalf. So if on of hte switches you want to use is one that triggers a sound you would also have to find the .gau that does this. Plus other text files may be involved also, .ini and such.

Guest CowlFlapsOpen

Thanks. As an example, there is a fuel pump switch. On the origibal pansl, when you flip it, you can hear the fuel pump running. On the new panel the gauge works as expected but no sound. I have FS Panel Studio. How can I find out what this guage depends on? Where do you find out this kind of information?

Guest Patrick_Waugh

If it's a .gau, you could maybe use a Hex editor to look for the sound files name as text in the file.But, if it works in another aircraft, then the sound file would be in the sounds directory already, unless that gauge author put it in a custom location. Check that aircraft's panel directory and perhaps sound directory and if you see a sound file try placing it in your new aircraft's directory.