Sign in to follow this  
Guest iagman

Using MaskImage and bitmap with no Axis

Guest iagman

The code below seems to work without ill effect although neither the MaskImage nor the associated bitmap use Axis definitions. In this case, both the mask and its bitmap are a lot smaller than the background image but were equal to each other in pixel size. They were placed near the center of the background with the upper, left corner of both mask and bitmap at the coordinates shown. The Position coordinates made placing the mask and bitmap a piece of cake. Anyone have any experience with similar?Glenn(A:Flaps Handle Percent, percent) 10 /

Guest Vorlin

I've fiddle with not using and axis. I can't swear that this is correct, but these were my impressions from my experiements:When you define an axis, that point is used for location placement. When you do not, placement is keyed to the upper left corner.Rotation and other movements are all calculated using the axis position.If you are not moving the bmp and are ok with placing it by referencing the upper left corner then there *seems* to be no harm by leaving the axis out.Scott / Vorlin

Guest iagman

The bitmap is being moved, shifted, not rotated. In fact, I've since done additional mask/bitmaps without using Axis and all move as intended. Since these graphics are inside the same element, the 1,1,1 pixels still do their thing without an Axis.As you said, the placement is keyed to the upper, left corner for both mask and bitmap. The big benefit is the ease of placement of the mask and bitmap because they position themselves as you would expect. So far, I haven't noticed any downside, at least with these particular graphics. I was wondering if anyone had experience negative effects from this scheme that I have not run into thus far.Glenn