Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwhelchel

Advice on feasibility of an idea...

Guest cwhelchel

Hello all,I'm working on creating a simulation of a sensor on an aircraft (in particular, a c-130) using Microsoft Flight Sim. Let me rephrase that... I have a running simulation of an aircraft that has no 3D visualization of the plane/terrain/world/etc. I want to use Flight Sim as a 3D tool to allow someone to control a sensor on the side of the plane.The sensor (on the real plane) has a HUD that shows the elevation and azimuth as well as the lat/long of where the sensor is looking. A person running my simulation should start Flight Sim and control where the sensor is looking and the zoom level and he/she would see the same HUD as in the aircraft.The problem appears to be that the data we have available (by running OUR simulator) is not available to any gauges in Flight Sim.So my question... Is there any way (using FSUIPC, Gauges, Active Camera, ANYTHING) to control Flight Sim with another simulator. If so, does Flight Sim have the capability to give me the information back; that is, can it give me the lat/long of where my sensor is looking at?