Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

TrafficRadar / TCAS for XML version 2.0. Beta testers?

Guest bartels

Hi all of you, reworked my traffic radar for XML to accomodate a lot of suggestions and requests. If no one has any additions I'll upload it it on Monday.In the complete package all files will be together, I had to split it up.

Guest Patrick_Waugh

I fixed a number of compiler warnings in an earlier version related to using deprecated string functions. So the original one I have now compiles without warnings.If I get a chance to do the same to this version on VS (if it needs it), I'll send it to you if you want.I am still amazed that you figured all this out, and there was not really an Arne there for you to ask questions!

Guest bartels

Ah, yes I forgot. My primay compiler is still VC++ 6.0, but with Visual C++ 2005 you'll get a lot of warnings, since the string handling syntax changed. I didn't think about making source code that is compatible to both compiler versions at the same time. BTW how can you eliminate the warning to "strcpy" in ConvertPropertyToString()? OK the whole method is not really necessary, but that's not the point.

Guest Patrick_Waugh

I'll look into that as I reach it. I guess I'll chronical here what I do on VS 2005 to get this to compile without warnings.So for the first installment:Well after creating an empty project and adding existing source and header files to it the first problem run into in an attempted build is:Compiling...TrafficRadarXML.cppc:documents and settingspatrickmy documentsvisual studio 2005projectsgauge projectstrafficradarxml2GdiPlusRadar.h(26) : warning C4005: 'UNICODE' : macro redefinition command-line arguments : see previous definition of 'UNICODE'GdiPlusRadar.cppc:documents and settingspatrickmy documentsvisual studio 2005projectsgauge projectstrafficradarxml2GdiPlusRadar.h(26) : warning C4005: 'UNICODE' : macro redefinition command-line arguments : see previous definition of 'UNICODE'Within GdiPlusRadar.h I do this:#pragma once#include #include // Definition of ULONG_PTR unsigned int#include using namespace Gdiplus;#include "..incfs9gauges.h" // Available for all projects#include "TrafficData.h"(vs.)/*#include "fs9gauges.h"#include "TrafficData.h"#ifndef SAFE_DELETE #define SAFE_DELETE(classp) if((classp)) delete (classp); (classp) =NULL#endif//SAFE_DELETE#ifndef ULONG_PTR #define ULONG_PTR unsigned int#endif#define UNICODE//Check also://http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gdicpp/GDIPlus/GDIPlusreference.asp#include using namespace Gdiplus;*/as it is cleaner, an elimninates redefinition problem.------Use:#pragma once(vs.)#ifndef GDIPLUSRADAR_H#define GDIPLUSRADAR_H// Code here#enddef // GDIPLUSRADAR_H

Guest Patrick_Waugh

//------------------------------------------------------------------// Compiler warning://------------------------------------------------------------------GdiPlusRadar.cpp.GdiPlusRadar.cpp(30) : warning C4996: 'sprintf' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestdio.h(345) : see declaration of 'sprintf' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'//------------------------------------------------------------------// Solution//------------------------------------------------------------------/* Existing code - line 30sprintf(m_tooltip,"ID: %s ALT: %dft GS: %.0fkt TRK: %.0f

Guest Patrick_Waugh

//------------------------------------------------------------------// Compiler warning://------------------------------------------------------------------.GdiPlusRadar.cpp(77) : warning C4996: 'swprintf' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludeswprintf.inl(85) : see declaration of 'swprintf' Message: 'swprintf has been changed to conform with the ISO C standard, adding an extra character count parameter. To use traditional Microsoft swprintf, set _CRT_NON_CONFORMING_SWPRINTFS.'.GdiPlusRadar.cpp(78) : warning C4996: 'swprintf' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludeswprintf.inl(85) : see declaration of 'swprintf' Message: 'swprintf has been changed to conform with the ISO C standard, adding an extra character count parameter. To use traditional Microsoft swprintf, set _CRT_NON_CONFORMING_SWPRINTFS.'//------------------------------------------------------------------// Solution://------------------------------------------------------------------ swprintf(altstring,L"%+03d",ROUND(pai_data->dlt_alt/100)); swprintf(idstring,L"%S",pai_data->atc_id);change to: swprintf_s(altstring, sizeof(altstring),L"%+03d",ROUND(pai_data->dlt_alt/100)); swprintf_s(idstring, sizeof(idstring),L"%S",pai_data->atc_id);Patrick

Guest Patrick_Waugh

In similar fashion I updated all the other functions and finally this one in the constructor:.GdiPlusRadar.cpp(369) : warning C4996: 'wcscpy' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(250) : see declaration of 'wcscpy' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using wcscpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.' wcscpy(m_symbolfont,FONT_TYPE);to: wcscpy_s(m_symbolfont, sizeof(m_symbolfont), FONT_TYPE);//---------------------------------------------------------Finally, for this file, we get a whole lot of warnings:.GdiPlusRadar.cpp(425) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'INT', possible loss of data.GdiPlusRadar.cpp(428) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'INT', possible loss of data.GdiPlusRadar.cpp(459) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'INT', possible loss of data.GdiPlusRadar.cpp(462) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'INT', possible loss of data.GdiPlusRadar.cpp(491) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'INT', possible loss of data.GdiPlusRadar.cpp(493) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'INT', possible loss of data.GdiPlusRadar.cpp(502) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'INT', possible loss of data.GdiPlusRadar.cpp(504) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'INT', possible loss of data.GdiPlusRadar.cpp(568) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'INT', possible loss of data.GdiPlusRadar.cpp(570) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'INT', possible loss of data.GdiPlusRadar.cpp(611) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'INT', possible loss of data.GdiPlusRadar.cpp(613) : warning C4267: 'argument' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'INT', possible loss of dataAs there appears to be no alternative, I just cast with (int), although probably should use the newer form, this is shorter. m_graphics->MeasureString(altstring, (int)wcslen(altstring), &font,PointF(x+m_symbol_factor*ABVSTR_OFFSET_X,y+m_symbol_factor*ABVSTR_OFFSET_Y),&stringFormat, &boundRect); Now this file compiles without error or warning.Hope this is helpful or interesting.Patrick

Guest Patrick_Waugh

In case you want the completed file, I've attached it.Patrick

Guest Patrick_Waugh

In TrafficData.cppTrafficData.cpp.TrafficData.cpp(55) : warning C4996: 'strncpy' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(156) : see declaration of 'strncpy' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strncpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.Change:strncpy(pai_data->atc_id, m_ptraffic_info->GetPlayerName(ai_id), MAX_CHARS_ATC_ID);to:strncpy_s(pai_data->atc_id, MAX_CHARS_ATC_ID, m_ptraffic_info->GetPlayerName(ai_id), MAX_CHARS_ATC_ID);and this file compiles without warnings.Patrick

Guest Patrick_Waugh

And in XMLCCallbacks.cpp we have the following warnings which can be fixed in similar fashion to ones I have already posted:XMLCCallbacks.cpp.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(361) : warning C4996: 'strncpy' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(156) : see declaration of 'strncpy' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strncpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(443) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp' Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(632) : warning C4996: 'sprintf' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestdio.h(345) : see declaration of 'sprintf' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using sprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(672) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp' Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(719) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp' Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(746) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp' Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(752) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp' Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(759) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp' Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(766) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp' Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(773) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp' Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(778) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp' Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(783) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp' Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(788) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp' Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(793) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp' Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(798) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp' Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(803) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp' Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(808) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp' Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(813) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp' Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(818) : warning C4996: 'stricmp' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(213) : see declaration of 'stricmp' Message: 'The POSIX name for this item is deprecated. Instead, use the ISO C++ conformant name: _stricmp. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(835) : warning C4996: 'strcpy' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(73) : see declaration of 'strcpy' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(838) : warning C4996: 'strcpy' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(73) : see declaration of 'strcpy' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(841) : warning C4996: 'strcpy' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(73) : see declaration of 'strcpy' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(844) : warning C4996: 'strcpy' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(73) : see declaration of 'strcpy' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(847) : warning C4996: 'strcpy' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(73) : see declaration of 'strcpy' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(850) : warning C4996: 'strcpy' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(73) : see declaration of 'strcpy' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(853) : warning C4996: 'strcpy' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(73) : see declaration of 'strcpy' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(856) : warning C4996: 'strcpy' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(73) : see declaration of 'strcpy' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(859) : warning C4996: 'strcpy' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(73) : see declaration of 'strcpy' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(862) : warning C4996: 'strcpy' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(73) : see declaration of 'strcpy' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(865) : warning C4996: 'strcpy' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(73) : see declaration of 'strcpy' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(868) : warning C4996: 'strcpy' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(73) : see declaration of 'strcpy' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(871) : warning C4996: 'strcpy' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(73) : see declaration of 'strcpy' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'.XMLCCallbacks.cpp(874) : warning C4996: 'strcpy' was declared deprecated c:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 8VCincludestring.h(73) : see declaration of 'strcpy' Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using strcpy_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'Patrick

Put it in the 737 & CRJs HSI works great and thanks to you. Only the weather radar left to do now!! LOL. Paul

Paul EGLD

Guest bookmark

Thanks for this marvellous module, it opens up endless possibilities for me in the J35J project. I added a parameter to change between boresight and top-down radar, it works perfectly. Just one thing I cannot figure out: how to get the graphic elements permanently bright. Is this not possible with the combination XML and GDI+? Or am I missing something here?/Thomas

Guest bartels

Use the Bright flag.E.g.:... ...

Guest bookmark

OMG I forgot that one. Too much coffee I suppose. Or not enough. ;o) Thanks!

Guest bartels

I noticed that it is not easy to make version of the TrafficRadarXML.dll that compiles with ALL versions of Visual Studio, I designed it for 6.0. So the question is: if everybody uses the 2005 edition, I switch to it, so only one version is needed. We have to stick with Visual Studio anyway, BCC doesn't allow a certain call which is needed for the ITrafficInfo interface (static_cast to abstract class), and GCC doesn't like the abstract class definition in fs9gauges.h at all, if I recall that right. So the question is VC 2005 or 6.0? I can do both, but I want to support only one version.