Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

TrafficRadar / TCAS for XML version 2.0. Beta testers?

Guest Eugen

HiI think VC2005 as it is freely available from Microsoft and also its a newer version than VC6.BrgdsEugen

Arne, no matter which way you go, someone's going to wind up with some conversion problems... ;)While I've never had any (huge) problems converting a v6.0 project in .NET 2003, I've had quite a few problems with "downgrading" a .NET 2005 set of source files to a .NET 2003 project. ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Patrick_Waugh

>I noticed that it is not easy to make version of the>TrafficRadarXML.dll that compiles with ALL versions of Visual>Studio, I designed it for 6.0. So the question is: if>everybody uses the 2005 edition, I switch to it, so only one>version is needed. We have to stick with Visual Studio anyway,>BCC doesn't allow a certain call which is needed for the>ITrafficInfo interface (static_cast to abstract class), and>GCC doesn't like the abstract class definition in fs9gauges.h>at all, if I recall that right. So the question is VC 2005 or>6.0? I can do both, but I want to support only one version.If VC 6.0 can't use the new secure library functions, then I wouldn't compile code in it just for security reasons. Unless you want to develop something with an older SDK for an outdated OS like Win2000 or something, I'd switch.If you like, I'd be happy to finish the conversion and send it to you.Patrick

Guest bartels

The new version is uploaded at the library.

Guest Patrick_Waugh

>No need. I made the conversion to VC 2005. Even backward>compability should be possible with some strategically placed>defines (e.g. #define sprintf_s sprintf). Funnily enough, the>only point where I can't use the almost 1-1 replacement is at>the interface to an "outdated" SDK: FS9 Panel SDK, strcpy_s>uses one parameter more then strcpy and at taht point I have>to cheat anyway. >I'm putting the finishing touches on the package and will>upload the seond version of my TrafficRadarXML.dll soon.Hahah. I hear you. I really don't consider it a SDK though, just a header (.h) file. I'm talking about the Platform SDK, or DirectX SDK, etc.Anyway, excellent work demonstrating your excellent programming skills.Patrick

Hi,With the TrafficRadarXML.dll in the modules folder the sim won't start.Do I have to add something in the fs9.cfg?Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest bartels

Strange, there is no need to add anything to fs9.cfg. The module registers itself. Can you confirm it is TrafficRadarXML.dll or something related? Removing the DLL from the moduls dir and restarting FS. The gauges should show up, but lack functionality.What System do you use? Only XP and maybe 2003 have the gdiplus.dll included. E.g. with 2000 and 98 place a copy in the FS folder, look in my new upload for a download source, or "borrow" from a XP System. It might be possible that the default font might not work. Try a 'Font="Arial"' or similar entry for the s, at least a font that is guranteed on your system.

Arne,It is the TrafficRadarXML.dll.(After removing status quo ante)I have Windows XP.I did put the gdiplus.dll in the fs root dir and after that startup was totally impossible.Without I at least had a startup screen.I changed the font and that is visible in the gauge.So still quite strange.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

I downloaded the TrafficRadar XML Version 2.0 and installed it per the instructions. When I launch FS9 with WIN XP I get an error "Unable to load some aircraft - TrafficRadarXML.dll". I did a check on the dll and it said I was missing msvcr80d.dll which was required to use the dll. How can I fix this? Regards, Bob.

Guest bartels

Might be a problem, becasue I compiled it with VC++ 2005. I recompiled it with VC++6.0 and I didn't have the problem on an old Win98 installation (XP is fine with both compiled versions for me, but I have the compilers installed on it). Let me know if this fixes it.

Guest Eugen

Hi Arne,I found a way to fix the problem.In VC 2005 change in Project Properties Configuration Properties/ C/C++ /Code Generation/Runtime Libraray to Multi-threaded DLL (/MD). If using the Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd)it will look for the above mentioned debug dll.I recompiled and tested quickly and it seemed to work no error messages at startup and the radar show aircrafts.BrgdsEugen

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Good job!Stick

Hi,Still no luck with the new .dll.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest bartels

Or I could have followed Bills instructions on flightsim.com's panel forum in the first place and used the /MT (Release) or /MTd (Debug) settings. Then no external dll for multi thread debugging is needed. It was even the standard setting for my VC++ 6.0 projects. Shame on me.

Hi Arne. The new dll fixed it. No more startup errors and the radar works GREAT! Thanks and best regards, Bob.