Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

TrafficRadar / TCAS for XML version 2.0. Beta testers?

>Or I could have followed Bills instructions on>flightsim.com's panel forum in the first place and used the>/MT (Release) or /MTd (Debug) settings. Then no external dll>for multi thread debugging is needed. It was even the>standard setting for my VC++ 6.0 projects. Shame on me.:-lol Arne, it took me awhile to figure that out myself. "Somewhere" (perhaps the IDEHOW2?) I read to use /MD for my Release gauges... and had the devil's own time trying to track down why the durn thing would run on some, but not all systems.Then, I started using Depends.exe and seeing what was what, and discovered that all problems go away (and the gauge is smaller!) using the /MT for release and /MTd for debug... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest bartels

I think the problem you found, has nothing to do with the wrong compiler switch I used. It has to be something else. On XP system you shouldn't need the gdiplus.dll, it is already part of the system. Did my old version work? The one without the TCAS symbols (trafficradarxml.zip). With and without the gdiplus.dll in the fs9 folder.

Arne,No succes.Tried Eugens way, but failed.Pity.Will have a sharp lookout!Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

>I think the problem you found, has nothing to do with the>wrong compiler switch I used. It has to be something else. >On XP system you shouldn't need the gdiplus.dll, it is already>part of the system. Did my old version work? The one without>the TCAS symbols (trafficradarxml.zip). With and without the>gdiplus.dll in the fs9 folder.Actually, I believe it does...Using /MD or /MDd does not "include" the actual code used from whatever dependent .dll's are used by the Project, it merely makes reference to them: hence the "dependency" on those .dlls being present and where expected on the user's system.Using /MT or /MTd does include the referenced functions in the compiled code itself, which eliminates most - if not all - of the dependencies.BTW, I meant to say that the /MT compiled gauge is actually a bit LARGER than the same gauge compiled with /MD (which makes more sense, given the above), but as usual my fingers betrayed me... ;)

Fr. Bill    

Use the Bright flag.E.g.:...
   <CustomDraw Name="fs9traffic:radar" X="100" Y="100"  Bright="1">

Fr. Bill    

Hi,question on the XMLTrafficRadar.dll from Arne. Does this .dll also works for FSX ?? If so, do I have just to convert the XML code for the radar.xml ?And, where do I have to place the .dll element into ? In the MODULES folder, in the GAUGE folder or in the FSX main path ?Dietmar

Hi,question on the XMLTrafficRadar.dll from Arne. Does this .dll also works for FSX ?? If so, do I have just to convert the XML code for the radar.xml ?And, where do I have to place the .dll element into ? In the MODULES folder, in the GAUGE folder or in the FSX main path ?Dietmar
I've never managed to get it to work, and unfortunately Elvis (er, I mean Arne!) seems to have left the flightsim scene entirely... :(

Fr. Bill    

Thank's Bill for your reply.I guess you are right as far as Arne is concerned, and I do not get his traffficXML.dll ( at least in FSX ) not to work also.So, I will see how far I get with the FSX C:ItrafficInfo parameters. RegardsDietmar