Sign in to follow this  
Guest lionheart777

Guage for controlling effects FX files

Guest lionheart777

Is it possible to have a guage control only certain FX files?For instance, I wish the throttle to control certain Augmentor views, but wish the Augmentor to disappear when the throttle goes to 0-25% range.It was my thoughts that this only controls 'lights' or smoke, thus the Augmentor would be circuit 8 for Strobes and the controller gauge would activate that. However, if a person could activate 'precise' FX files, this would enable quite a bit of effects such as wing top surface 'vapor' on high G pulls, to appear without having to tax Smoke or Lights sections.Many thanks for any help or advice,BillLHC

Hi Bill,Although I don't understand exactly what you want (what are Augmentor views ?), controlling effects coupled to the FS Smokesystem or Lights from a gauge based on certain criteria is very common practice, and there are numerous gauges available allready. Personally I've made dozens :-)See text below of an XML gauge I made for an F14 as example.Usually they control effects via the SMokesystem or Lightswitches 5 - 10, like wing(tip) vapor, engine smoke, sonic boom, afterburner, etc etc.Hope this answers your question.Rob Barendregt.PS: It's GAUGE, not GUAGE :-)*******************This freeware gauge controls the following effects of military jets, like Dino Cataneo's F14B:- Taxiheat/enginesmoke, via the Smokesystem ON: when engine is running (= N1 greater than 10 %) AND - throttle lever greater than 10% when on the ground (taxi heat) - throttle lever greater than 60% when in the air (engine smoke)- Wingtip Contrail, via Light #6 (Taxi light). ON: when altitude below 20000 ft AND Gforce greater than 2.- Cannon fire effect, via Light #7 (Recognition light)- ON: when the aircraft is above 100 ft AND right brake is ON (for toebrakes: right brake min. 50% depressed)- Blue Flame, via Light #8 (Wing light) ON: when engine is running (= N1 greater than 10 %).- Afterburner (Reheat), via Light #9 (Logo light). ON: when the Afterburner is set (default key Shift-F4). - The Afterburner variable is also checked by this gauge; if the user sets the Afterburner ON when the throttles are below 95%, this gauge will set it OFF again.- Sonic Boom, via light switch #10 (cabin lights) ON: When the aircraft passes MACH-1.***********************

Guest lionheart777

Thanks Rob,Thats what I needed to know. I was hoping I could do FX files without going through the lights circuits so that I could have more options of managing the lights in the aircraft and hold the 'effects' seperate.Augmentor is what I was told was the engines various stages of cones of ringed light coming out of the thrust nozzle when a jet engine is at full throttle. (I could be wrong on that).Thanks again,BillLHC