Sign in to follow this  
Guest dodger

panel view

Guest dodger

Hello All, I have put in a panel to my SAAB 340, one thats made for it, and its fine but i can see a black line in the left hand side outside the window, the screen behind the panel is split in two, top half for the scenery and the bottom half black , how can i move the black line down behind the panel, I can move the panel up with the mouse ok which moves the black line out of sight but this dos'nt really solve the problem as it then takes some switches up out of sight of the screen, I hope i have explained it ok to understand, Thanks. PS , the panel is 2D.

What you are seeing is the 'horizon line,' which is normally adjusted so that it comes just below the top of the panel's glareshield.These entries in the panel.cfg file determine where the "bottom edge" of the 'horizon line' will appear on your 2d panel's view:[Default View]X=0Y=0SIZE_X=8192SIZE_Y=3900Note that this is expressed in millimeters. The width (Size_X) is 8192 millimeters.The SIZE_Y parameter is the height, which in this example is 3900 millimeters.Full screen height would be:SIZE_Y=6143

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest dodger

Hi Bill, Well i understand what you say and have changed the numbers but i am unable to alter the Horizon line but i think its because i am using this panel that was intended for another SAAB340 from another designer, I looked at the aircraft i have and most of them except the Helicopters have the Horizon line in the same place , i checked the Heli panel cfg as they have full screens but the numbers from them have not made any change, I will just have to put up with it ,its not that much and at least the panel works ok , Thanks for the help and at least i know what those numbers are for , Regards.