Guest Vref

Hi everyone,sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find anything.I'm trying to mod a XML gauge, so that when you pass 500' on the RAD ALT the GPWS will call '500', but only on non-precision or visual approaches. ie. When it doesn't detect a glidelsope. Therefore, when it does detect a glideslope, it stays silent.I've tried experimenting with the code but I can't get it right. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks very much in advance.Cheers,Mark.

Hello Mark Try (A:HSI GSI needle valid, bool) ! if { Your RAD ALT code here } Should give 1 if GS not active.

Paul EGLD

Guest Vref

Sorry fella, but that didn't work. Still keeps shouting '500' regardless of whether there is a glideslope or not. I could be having a very thick moment. Any chance you could right out the whole code as you would have it. I could compare it to what I have.Cheers.

Guest Vref

Again thanks for your help. The code is from the GPWS gauge by Rob Barendregt, which I've been using to help me along. The following bit is how the GPWS calls out the rad alt.(G:Var1) 3 == (L:GPWS_AM8,number) 2 >= &&if{(A:GEAR HANDLE POSITION,percent) 50 >(A:FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT,percent) (L:GPWS_LandingFlaps,number) > &&if{ (A:DECISION HEIGHT,number) 10 / int 10 * } els{ 0 } sp3(G:Var5) l0 - 20 > (G:Var5) l0 <= || (L:GPWS_AM8,number) 3 <= ||if{ }els{ l0 l3 < (G:Var5) l3 > && if{ 1 (>L:GPWS_Sound_M,number) }els{ l0 10 < (G:Var5) 10 > && if{ 1 (>L:GPWS_Sound_10,number) }els{ l0 20 < (G:Var5) 20 > && if{ 1 (>L:GPWS_Sound_20,number) }els{ l0 30 < (G:Var5) 30 > && if{ 1 (>L:GPWS_Sound_30,number) }els{ l0 40 < (G:Var5) 40 > && if{ 1 (>L:GPWS_Sound_40,number) }els{ l0 50 < (G:Var5) 50 > && if{ 1 (>L:GPWS_Sound_50,number) }els{ l0 100 < (G:Var5) 100 > && if{ 1 (>L:GPWS_Sound_100,number) }els{ l0 500 < (G:Var5) 500 > && if{ 1 (>L:GPWS_Sound_500,number) }} } } } } } } } }Any ideas?

Hello Not sure how much of Robs code you are using but try replacing if{(A:GEAR HANDLE POSITION,percent) 50 >(A:FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT,percent) (L:GPWS_LandingFlaps,number)> && with if{ (A:HSI GSI needle valid, bool) ! (A:GEAR HANDLE POSITION,percent) 50 >(A:FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT,percent) (L:GPWS_LandingFlaps,number)> && && And watch the spaces

Paul EGLD

Hi,You could try:(A:NAV1 HAS GLIDE SLOPE,bool) ! (Rest of code) && (Altitude between 450 and 550) && if{ (sound) } Mind, not sure, Rob's GPWS will always give a 500 callout.You could add to Rob's code:(A:NAV1 HAS GLIDE SLOPE,bool) ! if{ (G:Var1) 3 == (L:GPWS_AM8,number) 2 >=&&if{(A:GEAR HANDLE POSITION,percent) 50 >(A:FLAPS HANDLE PERCENT,percent) (L:GPWS_LandingFlaps,number)> &&if{ (A:DECISION HEIGHT,number) 10 / int 10 * } els{ 0 } sp3(G:Var5) l0 - 20 > (G:Var5) l0 <= || (L:GPWS_AM8,number) 3 <= ||if{ }els{ l0 l3 < (G:Var5) l3 > && if{ 1(>L:GPWS_Sound_M,number) }els{ l0 10 < (G:Var5) 10 > && if{ 1(>L:GPWS_Sound_10,number) }els{ l0 20 < (G:Var5) 20 > && if{ 1(>L:GPWS_Sound_20,number) }els{ l0 30 < (G:Var5) 30 > && if{ 1(>L:GPWS_Sound_30,number) }els{ l0 40 < (G:Var5) 40 > && if{ 1(>L:GPWS_Sound_40,number) }els{ l0 50 < (G:Var5) 50 > && if{ 1(>L:GPWS_Sound_50,number) }els{ l0 100 < (G:Var5) 100 > && if{ 1(>L:GPWS_Sound_100,number) }els{ l0 500 < (G:Var5) 500 > && if{ 1(>L:GPWS_Sound_500,number) }} } } } } } } } } } Or play with it.Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hi Mark,Since this request doesn't cost me much time ..LOLIn the line:els{ l0 500 < (G:Var5) 500 > && if{ 1 (>L:GPWS_Sound_500,number) }add:(A:HSI GSI needle valid, bool) ! &&after the &&(with surrounding spaces of course).This inhibits the "500" callout when the glideslope needle is active in the HSI.Cheers, Rob Barendregt

Guest Vref

Unfortunately none of those worked!! :( Any other ideas??

els{ l0 500 < (G:Var5) 500 >&& (A:HSI GSI needle valid, bool) ! &&if{ 1 (>L:GPWS_Sound_500,number) }

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Mark,You are making an error somewhere (either a typo, or editting the wrong gauge ?).Just copy/paste Bill's code (replacing the original line in the code) which is exactly what I instructed (thanks Bill for writing it down easier :-) ).And it DOES work; just tested it myself.Rob

Guest Vref

No, it still doens't work, and I tried it with another panel, the default 737 (after I added a rad alt to it of course). The gauge to edit is 'GPWS3_3_Default' right? I checked for typos, there were none. Starting to get rather perturbed by this!! Sorry fellas, no idea this was gonna be such a problem.

>No, it still doens't work, and I tried it with another panel,>the default 737 (after I added a rad alt to it of course). The>gauge to edit is 'GPWS3_3_Default' right? If that is the gaugename you have defined in your panel: yes.But from what you are telling here, I strongly suppect that you are editting the wrong gauge, ie. either FS9 is using another fileversion of the gauge located somewhere else, or you have defined another gauge version (=name) in the panel.cfg.Like: there is also a version of the gauge in the local panel subtree.Or (Ive seen that a few times):There is copy of the whole aircraft tree in the aircraft folder.This means that, since now the "title= " statement in the aircraft.cfg is not unique anymore, FS9 just picks the first aircraft tree it can find. So: find the name of the GPWS gauge in your panel.cfg.and search the whole FS9 folder (incl. subtrees) for occurances of that file.By now, I'm pretty sure there are more instances of the gauge :-)Rob

Guest Vref

Yep that got it. It had to be something as silly as that. Thanks for all your help everyone.Cheers.