Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

Persistent HUD Gauge

Guest newmav

Hello -I've been trying to black out my screen for a couple seconds with a gauge that is just a black screen and it's been working except for the HUD which will not disappear. I've tried placing the gauge in the panel.cfg in all the windows that the HUD is in and also before the HUD in gauge order (don't know if that matters). Is there a draw flag that would take care of this or something? Thanks for any help.

Probably not. Most HUD systems bypass FS rendering completely and draw directly to the screen.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Care to tell us WHY you are trying to do this? Seems a bit odd.Patrick

Guest newmav

Thanks for the reply. I work at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs and we are studying spatial disorientation. The blank screen is just supposed to represent a moment of distraction before the F16 is placed in an unusual attitude (with FSUIPC). We are also using a tactile vest, audio commands, and an icon to aid in recovery.

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Ah. That explains it. Hate when those g's get to ya, that's why I was in the Army. Can't pull to many in a helicopter. :-rotorWell, I am assuming you do not have the source code to the HUD, but if you did, then you could easily fix your problem.Have you thought about contacting the author of the HUD? Perhaps they would be good enough to assist you with a custom version.Surely the HUD has an "OFF" mode, and perhaps you could toggle it off then on again from your gauge, with FSUIPC by sending it the keystroke you assign to do so.Failing the above, it would not be that hard to just create a "window" over the top of FS with DirectX, if you know that API. However, it may flicker.Good luck,Patrick

Hi,Did you try:gauge00=HUD xx,yy,zzgauge01=Black xx,yy,zzdraw_order00=gauge00, gauge01 ?Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."