Sign in to follow this  
ecagan

Water, give me water, Please!

http://travel.msn.com/Guides/article.aspx?...75226&GT1=41000Having flown two transcon flights in the past week, and having two more scheduled before the end of the month, I know what airline I won't be choosing. Given the dry, 8000 foot cabin that dehydrates passengers quickly, I don't care what economics USAirways is trying to meet. Seems just plain sleazy to me, whatever executive committee dreamed this one up.Regards,John

I think part of the problem is that the online travel reservation websites don't take these fees into account when you book your flight. People can get very narrowly focused on the fare posted. The websites need to be updated so that people can truly see what they will be paying prior to a flight. Maybe a good idea would be vouchers you can buy prior to the flight and give them to the flight attendant. The voucher would have information like number of bags purchased and drinks/food. Of course, there will need to be some sort of database the flight attendant can check to see if you in fact paid (no illegal copies please). All these fees makes it much more complicated to fly and I wonder how much it is costing US Airways to keep track of extra bags, drinks, etc. I fully agree with a recent airline expert who stated that carry-on fees are next. As a parent who needs to carry a stroller, diaper bag, etc, this will become very costly. I understand that the airlines are a for-profit business and need to make a profit, but the nickel and diming approach will lose more customers than they think. It is inevitable that they should increase the fares and eliminate the garbage fees.Like Dennis Miller says, "But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."Eric