Sign in to follow this  
Guest Revraz

Adding/Modifying Stations

Guest Revraz

Wonder if someone can help me. I have downloaded a few aircrafts, but the aircraft.cfg file is setup the same for all of them (same author), which has 0 stations and a set COG. I would like to add Pilot/Co Pilot stations as well as Passenger, Crew and even Cargo. I have manually made some changes and added the Stations entries to the .cfg file, but I am not sure if I am doing it right. Is there an easy way to tell what locations to enter for the stations based on the Datum?I have read the term ACM, what is this tool and can it help me apply the correct station values?Thanks for any help.

I think you'd have to know where the designer placed "0,0,0" on the aircraft to place stations exactly where they should be, but you may be able to generate a pretty accurate "guess" by looking at the placement of the lights, engines, fuel tanks, contact points, etc. in the acft.cfg.I downloaded a cabin layout .pdf once and used a screen capture of it in conjunction with top-down and side view screen captures of the model in the sim. I imported them all into a 2D CAD program and scaled them all approximately the same, and then used the CAD program's dimension function to determine the station coordinates. I'm sure the end result wasn't perfectly exact, but I think I got it pretty close. I don't remember the exact model, it's been a long time but I think it was a B737 of one type or another, and I got the .pdf from Boeing's site. I think it was an airport planning guide of some sort."ACM" maybe refers to the Aircraft Container SDK? I don't know anything about it. It's on the MSFS SDK page, might help with what you're trying to do but I doubt it will be able to tell you where the datum on a particular model is located.Good luck,Jim

Guest Revraz

Thanks for the reply Jim