Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot53

Newbie to design- need some help!

Guest Pilot53

Hello, I have been experimenting with some tweaks and different merges and am cuious about what files need to be edited to simulate something like a hot start (for now just visually seeing the egt rise into the red) and how to create and effect for wing inspection lights and runway turnoff lights tied to a panel button.Thanks any help is appreciated.

Guest Patrick_Waugh

>Hello, I have been experimenting with some tweaks and>different merges and am cuious about what files need to be>edited to simulate something like a hot start (for now just>visually seeing the egt rise into the red) Well, to have the gauge displaying EGT sim a hot start, you would at the very least have to create a new EGT gauge that incorporated logic to display hot under certain conditions. So, you would have to write a guage in C, or XML.However, there is generally much more involved than simply a gauge, as there are multiple causes for a hot start, such as low battery, not cranking the starter long enough, a flash of to much fuel in the burner, etc. So, unless you just want a button somewhere that you push to tell the sim you want a hot start, this means that you have to sim one or more of those conditions.In my Bell 206 panel, for example, I have a battery system simulated that burns energy, and can become low if too many starts are attempted without success, and have created a new fuel system so that too much fuel could be put into the burner if the throttle is opened to wide when the engine is lit. As you can see, it becomes more a matter of creating entire systems that don't exist in the sim.>and how to create>and effect for wing inspection lights and runway turnoff>lights tied to a panel button.This is easier. You have two options. If you are a model designer, you design them into the model. This is the prefered option as they can "shine" on the model and runway.Option two is to create .fx files, but these will only show the lights, and will not light up the pavement or wing.Patrick

Guest Pilot53

Thanks for the response, I am not a model designer and have limited knowledge on the subject, so to design them into the model would I use gmax? And as for the hot start, I have absolutly no idea how to simulate any conditions or how to design a gauge and make it work.

Guest Revraz

Yep, that is one way>Thanks for the response, I am not a model designer and have>limited knowledge on the subject, so to design them into the>model would I use gmax?

Guest Pilot53

Well I guess I have alot of reading to do, what I cant figure out is why developers still dont model all the lights.