Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lucky

Panel design programs

Guest Lucky

HI I was checking the forum and noticed a while back that FS Panel design is highly recomended.Ived done alot of scenery design with CANUK and Flight Ontario but never tackeled a panel, IE: G2k and S BuildMy intrest is to design a panel from scratch using several digital images I took of a particular aircrafts flight deck.Im interested in your opinion on which panel design software is recomended and some good tutorials.Remember, at panel design Im deffinitly a newbeThanks Al Sibley

Your choices are very limited:1) FS Panel Studio2) Workpad.exe or Notepad.exe:)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Or VI (our favorite Unix utility) :D

Guest ridgell

its kind of like that joke about america; its an awful country, but a lot less awful then everywhere else! panel studio is great for placing gauges, it can do simple night lighting, and can add windows...to a point.as the panel gets near completion and if its got a complicated panel view scheme, you will end up doing more and more with notepad. it has a habit of imposing requirments that are not actually part of fs9 requirments...perhaps a hold over in codiing from fs98 or something.i use it, but i keep my VIEWS on a seperate notepad, so i can put them pack into the panel config after a fsps save because it removes some of them.

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Yes, if you don't keep everything in exactly perfect format, it eats it and deletes it.

Guest Lucky

Thanks for all the replies .Much appreciatedIt sounds like FS panel studio is good but very limited.But I think I'll get it cus it will definitly be a start.I get the impression its more for modifying existing panels rather than designing ones from scratch with digital images.Al Sibleyhttp://www.flightontario.com/images/sig_asibley.gif

Guest ridgell

actually it is probably at its best when you are looking at a blank sheet and wondering where to begin. t also allows for background shifts....which allow you a preview into what your panel might look like on screen....and later you can use it to find little tiny holes in your bitmaps....0,0,0, is transparent in fs.photo shop/illistrater or paint shop pro, and fsps are your basic required panel design tools....it's not perfect but if you want to make panel/s you need it.

Guest Vorlin

It's not bad but I only use it to get close to what I have in mind. After that, it's Notepad+ (notepad plus, a great raw code editor).You can try that one or, another good one is SciteFlash... if it's still around.Scott / Vorlin