Sign in to follow this  
Guest Patrick_Waugh

Two seperate VC switches, but they both animate when only one is clicked?

Guest seniorcrown

Ok, I'm stuck - I've tried to think of a decent way round this on the modelling side but to no avail......I have two switches, 'set transfer fuel forward', and set 'transfer fuel aft'. When each switch is turned off - 'set transfer fuel off'. This works BUT....If you click the set trans fuel forward switch the aft switch also animates, even though it has a unique part name and vice versa. My question is whether there is any simple way to have only one switch animate at a time.....?As soon as one switch is not off it animates the other switch so that its not off too. The set transfer forward code is (set transfer aft is the same with name adjustments etc:set_transfer_fore (A:FUEL SELECTED TRANSFER MODE,bool) 50 * 400HandSet Fuel Transfer Forward (A:FUEL SELECTED TRANSFER MODE,bool) if{ 0 (>K:SET_FUEL_TRANSFER_OFF) } els{ 0 (>K:SET_FUEL_TRANSFER_FORWARD) } Any help is most appreciated. Can't get my head round this......David.

Guest Patrick_Waugh

The reason they both animate is that both of their "states" (on/off) are controlled by the same A:var (parameter).Basically, you seem to be trying to separate what was intended to be one multi-position selector into separate di-pole switches.What I would recommend doing (and maybe someone else that is a hot XML programmer will have a better idea) would be to create and use your own L:var for one (or if you prefer both). Then, you can have the on/off position controlled by that L:var and query and set the A:var as necessary to get FS to do what you want. Then each will operate independently, and not be affected by changes to the A:var.Hope this mades sense.