Sign in to follow this  
Guest EdrickV

is FSX XML only? RPN is just too painful...

>Thanks Bill, actually there is no difference if you link with>IDE or pragma...>>The include section looks similar to yours. I got it working>earlier today.>>Thanks for your help though, still greatly appreciated. :)Sure there is... less typing! ;)I'm glad you got it working... Have fun!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So Bill,now the the NDA is lifted, what is different about FSX gauge programming?Thanks...

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

>So Bill,>>now the the NDA is lifted, what is different about FSX gauge>programming?Very little as far as C goes... there's a lot of new token variables and key_events, but the new gauges.h isn't available yet so it's anyone's guess at this juncture what will work and what might still be broken... ;)As for XML gauges, the syntax and structure has changed a LOT. The best news for XML'ers is that there will be a WYSIWYG XML editor shipped with the SDKs that will make building XML gauges much easier...

Fr. Bill    

Guest Chuck Jodry-VJPL

At the cost of 2 to 500 bucks per license for a producerto avoid ---"FSX (C++gauges)will need to be code signed or users will get a security warning when the gauges are loaded."---the " XML editor shipped with the SDKs " should be a popular tool .It may be reasonable to expect payware producers to follow good policy with registration but i have a vision of booting some aircraft that would generate a Caralon effect as a series warnings get clicked on until the entire list of gauges has been approved for use.This may do a great deal to promote the great divide betweenprofessional developers working in C and the greater wholeof the contributors who will stick with what works cheap.The worst is unlike adding old module's into the fs9.cfgthis seems a windows thing and i have not figured out where to fix it

Guest EdrickV

You could try looking in the FSX.cfg file under the Trusted section. It has lines like this:D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X DemoGAUGESBendix_King_Radio.DLL.azzawnbbzlbhzwathhahqthnzrhouicewuuuuiuz=2Not sure what that string of letters after the second . is though. It's probably some sort of hash or checksum, but what kind I don't know. Also not sure what the =2 is for."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

>You could try looking in the FSX.cfg file under the Trusted>section. It has lines like this:>>D:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator X>DemoGAUGESBendix_King_Radio.DLL.azzawnbbzlbhzwathhahqthnzrhouicewuuuuiuz=2>>Not sure what that string of letters after the second . is>though. It's probably some sort of hash or checksum, but what>kind I don't know. Also not sure what the =2 is for.That is in fact a generated code that's unique for a specific .gau/.dll file at that specific time. Recompiling the .gau/.dll will result in having to go through the process again...During the past four days, I now have nearly a hundred unique entries in the fsx.cfg file for the same gauge!!!OK, I can see the need for ACES to maintain this list of self-approved .gau/.dll files, but does it have to be in the fsx.cfg file??? :(For three plus years, my primary advice for folks with FS9 problems has been:Step #1: Rename or Delete your FS9.cfg file and allow FS9 to build a new one. Ninety+ percent of the time your problem will disappear...Now, imagine the ramifications of blowing out the FSX.cfg file... :-bat

Fr. Bill    

Guest EdrickV

So advise people to backup their FSX.cfg file frequently. :)"Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest EdrickV

So advise people to backup their FSX.cfg file frequently. :)"Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest Patrick_Waugh

>I agree. C++ is an object oriented language and what are>gauges if they are not objects? Unless it's changed in FSX the>currect approach is completely outdated.Remember, the SDK is just an API. You have to code your own OO wrapper if you want one.