Sign in to follow this  
ddawson

Gauge 'click' sounds

Guest lionheart777

Hey guys,Is it possible to easily assign click sounds to gauges and or parts in an aircraft VC yet? I have had poor luck on doing this in the past.Also, can one have a 'dual' purpose gauge? Dual purpose would mean that it would act as;* A switch that actuates a system* Creates a click sound.I ask as that I have wondered this, if gauges could have dual roles. If one 'couldnt' assign two diff roles into a single gauge XML, could you then have the 'same' name to a gauge and two diff XMLs for 'it' and one would be 'click' and the other the actual function? (Yep, not knowledgeable on gauges... ) :)Kind regards,BillLHC

Hey Bill! The 'search' function works pretty good here ya know... ;)In short, yes you can create a single 'switch' that 'does its thing' and sends a message to make a 'click noise...'...however, XML itself has NO sound support.The only two alternatives are:1) write your own C gauge to produce the 'click sound' or...2) use Doug Dawson's ubiquitous XML Sound gauge that's been available for over a year... ;)Good luck!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Chuck Jodry-VJPL

Good day Bill and Fr Bill i created a custom xml based gauge setnot requiring fsuipc or DSD soundthe click sound wav along with the noise effect that drives the sound.and the gauges are available at lhe link belowThe process can be used for any gauge ,light or animated part,and complete versions were included for install along with installation instructions ,the XML code and an outline of use P.S sorry we don't see more of you CJhttp://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb/Y...65184;start=0#0

Guest Chuck Jodry-VJPL

Has anyone tried this as an option for their gauges and switches ?Adding one line to any light, part or gauge XML will give an authentic click sound .I repost this in an effort to verify that the code and gauge fileswork as they are supposed to for other designers of FS content .

Guest GauthierH

Hello,I have not access to this link, must be member...:-(Tks

Guest Chuck Jodry-VJPL

Sorry about that , the link brings you to the XML code forum and you will find it under the post "Get your gauge to click with XML pack"Thanks for looking in gents Chuck Jodry Dir VJPL Flight Lab at WestCoastATC.com

Guest GauthierH

Sorry but I have not the rights to access this forum...Can't you post that files elsewhere?TksG

Guest Chuck Jodry-VJPL

I had a hunch that you could hijack your smoke system and add clicksounds to what ever if you coded a smoke enable variable with the part The custom effect file, sound file , an invisible gauge and one sample gauge that can be modified to add sound to all the lights and AP stuff is in the link The effect by itself can be used when added to a lighting bus and will click when turned on , the XML gauges were needed to get the effect to click both on and off and can be adapted to run on the light busses as well. For the coders amoung us this is the XML that triggers the smoke system and closes it to call the sound from the aircraft's smoke effects and is the invisible gauge. (A:SMOKE ENABLE,enum) 1 > if{ (A:SMOKE ENABLE,bool) ! if{ (>K:SMOKE_ON) } } els{ (A:SMOKE ENABLE,bool) if{ (&gtK:SMOKE_OFF) } } the following visible gauge can be adapted by changing 1 K:variable and the tooltip (G:Var1,bool)(G:Var1) ! (>G:Var1) 0 (>K:LANDING_LIGHTS_TOGGLE) (>K:SMOKE_ON)Field Lights This was for a spot light but the example will do well, there have been a number of people looking to do this so i hope to hear you work soon . CJ Finished copy's of the working XML gauges are included in the link along with the .wav installation = .wav goes in main fs9 sound folder VJPL folder goes in main gauges , Effect in effects. Following is a sample panel install [Window00] file_1024=Main.bmp size_mm=1024 window_size_ratio=1.000 position=7 visible=1 ident=MAIN_PANEL gauge00=VJPL!smkst, 2,2,2,2 gauge01=VJPL!lndlo, 15,15,50,50 and your aircraft .cfg will need this [smokesystem] smoke.0 = 0,00, -0.00, 0,00, fx_noize The link's below are for the zip file http://www.westcoastatc.com/events/VJPLgauge.zip http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/155747.zip

Guest lionheart777

Hello Chuck,Sorry not to have checked back for a couple of days.This only works with Smoke if I read this correctly, using the smoke effect to run off of for a sound.What I was hoping for was a non-FSUIPC Non-DSD system that could be programmed into all the switches and animations as well. I see that the russian 'saab sabir' has this feature which even the map call up (which is a 3D map on the seat) that brings up Map Mode makes a paper crunching sound like a flight chart being unfolded.That was what I was hoping I might find. With that, I could attach all sorts of various sound effects to all sorts of parts, which the russians seem to have found a way to do. I have had really bad luck in the past with DSD files. I could never get them to work and the files caused CTD's in peoples computers. (Surely it was my inability to properly rig the DSD's that caused that as well as customers using out of date primary DSD's. Nothing agaisnt them).Many thanks though for your help Chuck.Bill

>I have had really bad luck in the past with DSD files. I could>never get them to work and the files caused CTD's in peoples>computers. (Surely it was my inability to properly rig the>DSD's that caused that as well as customers using out of date>primary DSD's. Nothing agaisnt them).Jeeze Bill, send me a note. We'll get you sorted out here. The sound gauge can be renamed, if you want to ensure that customers use the version you planned on them using. Have a look at some of the packages that Rob Barendregt has put together (Pushback, Ground Handling, the Carrier Ops pack we did.)Cheers,Doug

Guest Chuck Jodry-VJPL

Bill you got a link to this plane , my search drew a blank.Some of those boys spend as much time with an ASM openin notepad as they do with their wives .It's a method worth looking over for sure and eliminateall the possible methods it is not , so as to decompile what it is.

Guest Chuck Jodry-VJPL

Found hidden in plain sight on front page

Guest lionheart777

Hey Doug,Many thanks. Will do.Bill