Sign in to follow this  
Guest lionheart777

Help Me Create A Fictional Aircraft

Guest cs1000

Below are the technical specifications, technology and cockpit design of a fictional aircraft I'm hoping to create for FS2004. Can anyone help me to turn this idea into reality?Specifications:Type: Regional JetMaximum Cruising Altitude: 42,000ftOperating Speed: Average 450kts (832.5km/h), Maximum 480kts (888km/h)Passenger Capacity: 90Range: 2000nm (3704km)Engines: x2 General Electric CF34-11

Guest lionheart777

Hey Chris,Sounds like a fun project. The parameters sound like it will be very interesting.What kind of help do you need? * Are you able to model your aircraft? (3D program such as FSDS or Gmax).* Have you ever played around with the config file and airfile of the different various Microsoft aircraft?* Do you need help on actual 'engineering data' on flight speeds, wing lift area requirements, reynolds and performance figures, cord designs?So... When you say help, its kind of general. So many aspects to making a plane in FS. Making the aircraft 'model', texturing, instrumentation, tuning the config and airfiles to the design, selecting or creating a soundpack.... Alot of fields and it 'can' be alot of work.Also, if you are wanting to make a airfile set only, use the AirWrench program by Jerry Beckwith. Its payware, but makes design of a airfile set super easy...Good luck and have fun,BillLionheart Creations

Guest cs1000

I have no knowledge of how to create a Flight Simulator aircraft, I need someone to do that for me, but before we get to this stage, I need someone to do me a design in the form of an image similar to this one:http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairline...php?id=00005711so that I can make sure I like it before it gets created.Regards,Chris Smith

Guest lionheart777

Chris,Sounds to me like you really need to set down and learn this stuff. It would be better on you as you would 'control the paintbrush' of the art you are creating.If I may suggest, stop all that you are doing and load up Gmax from your FS2004 CD, get it running and able to install work into FS9. There are people that can help you with that at FreeFlightDesign.com in the forums. There is a post in the Tips section on 'getting Gmax tuned for FS9'.Next, start on the tutorials. Do them in order as they designed to teach you the tools 'in order' of tutorials. Another words, you will learn the tools in one tutorial, that you must know in the next, etc.Then simply make that plane. Its a fairly easy design.Then..... Play around with adjusting its airfile parameters.If you dont have the time to learn a part of the 'airplane designers' background, such as this, then you might have to trade with people on their work for you. A person that has alot of enthusiasm on this sort of stuff is Motis at neomodern aviation. He might be able to make your plane for you. He is working on an airliner presently and might be able to make yours as well.I hope that helps.