Sign in to follow this  
Guest pleone

A little flight sim project

Guest pleone

Hello I am new to the site.I wanted to get some input from people here about a project to make a chair that will move with the microsoft flight sim X. I work in a family business in plastics manufacturing, so I have access to welders, full cnc, and materials. I don't plan on mickey mousing anything and I intend to make something astetically pleasing in the end.My question is does MSX have the options or ability to output the movement to a computer to run the servos and cylinders? If so how can I learn more about this. Another question, are there very good quality video glasses with head tracking so I can move the cockpit view by turning my head or will I have to rip a WII controller apart and do it myself?As I advance the project I will keep the board informed if you all are interested. Any help would be appreciated.Philippe

Hi Phillipe and welcome to Avsim.When I started to read your thread I immediately thought of 'Butt Kicker' but, as I read on I realised that you are thinking Level-D full motion simulation.There was one advertising a seat that was suspended on hydraulics for movement a while back but I never heard any more about it. Probably the cost was too much?For viewing purposes, you may like to try 'TrackIR4' for head movement? It's very popular and I have been using it for years.

Dave Taylor gb.png

check out x-plane it is a little bit more advanced in output abilities then FSX and you might be able to get a better end result.

There was one advertising a seat that was suspended on>hydraulics for movement a while back but I never heard any>more about it. Probably the cost was too much?>Yes, I remember that - I sure there was even a web-site and some videos of it in use. Not that I'm smart enough to have a link or anything useful though - but I'm sure there was something like that.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest pleone

Hey everyone thanks for the input. Already figured about three different ways to do it. Big job but fun project to work on. Again appreciate the tips.Philippe