Sign in to follow this  
Guest mitch19542004

An Open Letter to Beginning Panel Designers - Bitmap Drawing 101

Guest Stan V

This post is a plea to panel designers to please pay attention to fundamental drawing perspectives when constructing your panel bitmaps. (This is not intended as critisicm of any particular individual) I am specifically directing my remarks at the depiction of center windscreen posts from a left-side or a right side pilot perspective. These should NOT appear as vertical lines unless the pilot's perspective is in the center of the aircraft or unless the windscreen post is contained in a vertical windscreen (extrememly rare). It seems obvious but left-seat views of a center post contained in a slanted windscreen should appear slanted to the right at the top and right-seat views should appear slanted to the left at the top. There seems to be a lot of panels posted today where the author does a fine job of depicting the panel itself with accurate instruments, etc and then shatters the illusion by including a simple parallel pair of vertical lines for a center post.Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. I know many readers of this forum are way beyond this stage and it is not my intent to insult anyone but the misdrawn panels seem to keep on coming.Stan V.

Guest mitch19542004

The fix is easy, build it yourself.Mitch