Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

Heading increase/decrease switching

Hi all (L:HoldTrack, degrees) (A:GPS GROUND MAGNETIC TRACK,degrees) 5 - - abs 1 < Switches timer start for right turn hold entry. I need another test to determine heading rotation. ie. right turn =(heading numbers increasing) left turn =(heading numbers dereasing). Can anyone help.

Paul EGLD

Hi,No experience with that Var's, but you could try delta heading rate or the incidence beta or body velocity x,may be + and - values for left or right heading change.Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Jan Ahh!! you gave me an idea crude but may work, AILERON POSITION. I will try it. Thx Paul

Paul EGLD

Hi,Mind that in a right turn you need left aileron to correct bankanle etc..Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Jan OK, I got that working good. HEADING_BUG_INC rotates the heading bug but how do stop it at your selected heading. Does it work with a value or is it only with a click or timer.

Paul EGLD

Hi,Not sure what you mean, but you could try e.g.:180(or any degree) (K:HEADING_BUG_SET)Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Jan I want to use HEADING_BUG_INC to make the aircraft always turn right on loading the heading number.

Paul EGLD

ok,Then may be with:(Heading) desired < if{ (Heading Bug Inc} } els{ 0 } Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Jan With your code (L:HoldTrack, degrees) (A:PLANE HEADING DEGREES MAGNETIC, degrees) (A:GPS GROUND MAGNETIC TRACK,degrees) - + s1 l0 (A:PLANE HEADING DEGREES MAGNETIC, degrees) < if{ (>K:HEADING_BUG_INC, degrees) } els{ 0 } It rotates clockwise to the desired value then rotates anticlockwise. (L:HoldTrack, degrees) (A:PLANE HEADING DEGREES MAGNETIC, degrees) (A:GPS GROUND MAGNETIC TRACK,degrees) - + (>K:HEADING_BUG_SET) This is working OK but no control for turning left or right.

Paul EGLD

Hi,May be you can do something with:Your code -1 for right turn and Your code +1 for left turn.Or build in some limits to stop heading bug inc or dec.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."