Sign in to follow this  
Guest lionheart777

Parts Disappearence XML code

Guest lionheart777

Hey guys,I thought I would ask the advice of the great minds here on some XML basics. What I 'want' is a part that is a button in the VC that can bring up (cause to appear) an assembly of grouped parts such as an aircraft fuselage cover and a few other items. This would also work for a refueling 'scene' in which a fuel truck could appear next to your plane and an attendent is outside standing next to your plane. However, you need the button to be visible in the plane 'before' the parts are 'unhid', and then you need the command for causing these parts to come up.Its a tricky one. What I think is that the button that triggers this event must be different XML then the XML that 'unhides/hides' the parts grouping.The XML I am playing with is a mix between 'engine0_stopped' and a stock movement XML. Here is the composite so far;aircraft_storage (L:Fold Down Visor 1,bool) 100 * 501HandAircraft Storage Cover (L:Aircraft Storage Cover,bool) ! (>L:Aircraft Storage Cover,bool) 1Here is the stock Engine0_turning XML commandengine0_stoppedGENERAL ENG RPM:1rpm1Here is a stock part that can have animated movement.ash_tray_door (L:Open Ash Tray,bool) 100 * 501HandAsh Tray Door (L:Open Ash Tray,bool) ! (>L:Open Ash Tray,bool) I would be grateful for your advice.Bill

Hi Billfirst up Ill post what I think your asking :) if not exactly what you need then ask away mate :)not tested but should point you in the right direction(maybe typos as well)make a control node call it Engine_1_off Engine_1_offENG1 COMBUSTIONbool-10next make a child to this call it on_ground on_groundSIM ON GROUNDbool1next make a child to this call it hide_nodehide_node (L:hide, bool) 01 child all the parts you want to show when the switch is pushed to the hide_nodeand for the switch in the VC use hide_switchHandRefuel(L:hide,bool) ! (>L:hide,bool) so every thing will only show if aircraft engine is offaircraft is on the ground and the hide_switch is pushedto animate stuff you could try hide_anim(L:hide, bool) 100 * 200key frame then from 0 to 100 as to your wingfold question try these(make sure you have the correct info in the aircraft.cfg)wingfold_down(A:FOLDING WING RIGHT PERCENT,percent) 010wingfold_up(A:FOLDING WING LEFT PERCENT,percent) 10100CheersWozza

Guest lionheart777

Hey Wozza,Man, when did you get so good at XML! That is excellent. I am off to try it. I was using Eng_off stock tag for appearence on/off, but when I added the removeable cowling, the fuselage cover was in the way. I hate to lose it so I was trying to figure out a way for a 'aircraft storage' mode so I could still call up the fuse cover. This should do it.Massive thanks,Bill