Sign in to follow this  
Au MaV

Sound volume

Guest Pilot533

How can I make an engine start sound that I use with the pmdg 738 play louder in the sim?

Guest heclak

edit the sound file to make it louder. All audio edit programs should be able to amplify it.

Guest lionheart777

Its kind of a hit and miss procedure when hand tuning the sound file. I cant remember exactly how, but I used to do it myself. I then broke down and purchased FS Sound Studio and in just a couple of min's, I can do tons of sound editing where it used to take me hours and I was never satisfied. FSPS makes it really easy. If though you dont want to spend the $20.00, then just get out the SDK pack for FS9, I think it might be called 'Aircraft Container', and scroll down to the 'Sound.CFG' section and there, they will tell you how to do it. Its a string of sound settings that look more like dyno readings for a V-8 engine, lol.. You'll get it.Bill

HiA quick and dirty method so long as the sound is in the right format.Right click on the sound in the sound folder select recorder from the dropdown menu,next click on the effect tab and you can up the volume by 25% at a time till happy.Then exit the recorder program and save when promptedWozza