Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

FSX Annunciator Offsets

Guest RichardL

Anyone know if FSX added annunciator offset values?I'm trying to illuminate Master Warning, Master Caution and Advisory LEDs. When an aircraft panel annunciator illumunates, I would like to be able to access that to turn on an actual LED.I know from asking long ago that annunciators were coded within the FS9 aircraft panel. So no way of getting at that information. Just curious if that changed in FSX.Regards,Richard

Since what denotes a warning/caution/avisory situation is specific to an aircraft you aren't going to locate a default FS variable for this.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest RichardL

Hi Ed,Thanks for the reply.I hoped FSX annunciators would be treated just like switches. There are switch offsets for On and Off states. Having light offsets, On or Off, would have made this task much easier. It should not have made any different which aircraft I flew. It the Master Warning annunciator illuminated, I would have been able to turn on a real LED. I asked Pete Dowson if he had seen any FSX light offsets. He hasn't either.Regards,Richard

As I stated... the lights are set by different circumstances based on aicraft. FS doesn't have static variable storage that it doesn't directly use, nor is it likely to in the near future. Unless you count SimConnect in FSX... but that's a whole different discussion.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

>Anyone know if FSX added annunciator offset values?I would suggest a look at the "Panels and Gauges SDK" for information on what is - and what is not - available.A "Master Warning" can be triggered by many different things, most of which are variable for different aircraft...For example, in one of my projects, the MW light will illuminate while on ground based on:trim, not in range for TOflaps, not set for TOparking brake setin addition, an warning alarm will be triggered if:Engine #1 N1% > 98.7% - orEngine #2 N1% > 98.7%There are also other conditions that will trigger the MW light during different stages of the flight.Give the above parameters and conditions, while it may be 'realistic' for the specific aircraft I'm designing for, it most likely would NOT be appropriate for any other aircraft.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator