Sign in to follow this  
Guest J_G

Spline Modelling problem

Guest J_G

Hi everybody, new around, just register. I'm more a reader then a poster, but this time I'm having a little problem with spline modelling.Here's the thing, I'm trying to model a Fokker 100 in GMax, I already have some experience in GMax, I have already build some sceneries and played around with it. So, I'm using spline modelling, I'm making the fuselage with it and when I make the nose section, add cross section and then surface, when I surface, the nose section doesn't goes very well.... Because I can't get the circles perfectly scaled and align. The question, is there a way to get the circles scaled and aligned or do I have to create a cylinder and then model it?Here's a pic to see how I get it::-hmmmAnd yeah, I'm portuguese lol ;-)

Guest Patrick_Waugh

GMax has great tools to align, check out the help.If you want help, you'll have to ask a more specific question. What are you having trouble aligning, and what have you tried to do?Personally, I use the cylinder method to create fuselages, and then customize them from there.

Guest J_G

Ok, I will, thanks.Basicly I want to align the circles...I already tryed cylinder method, but trying new things, in the cylinder method I was beeing kind of stupid now that I think about, because I used Non-Uniform Scale, instead of Uniform scale to model the nose, for example. Well, I was beeing really stupid... lolTrying to see what's the best method, if someone whith experience can tell me which one you think it's best and why, would be nice.Thanks again.Best Regards,Jo

If I am modeling a fuselage, most often will use 1/2 splines, then after wards copying the finished half, applying a mirror modifier and finally attaching/welding the two halves to make a whole... ;)For some projects I get lucky and find a 3-view that has cross-sections provided. This really speeds up the construction process, since I can then hand draw a line to create the splines... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest J_G

Nice;Probably I'll make the fuselage with spline modelling and then make the nose and tail modelling from a cylinder, going to see how it's going to be... Thanks the the replys