Sign in to follow this  
Alba

FUEL_TANK_SELECTORS

Hi Folks, could someone give me the info on how the FUEL_TANK_SELECTOR variables are made.I see from the FS2002 h file that there is quite a list of options for them.I want to play a sound file when I select the RightHand fuel selector on the default Baron 58 to ALL (at the top). I would turn on the Left one then the Right one and my sound file would play to confirm. I am using EasyGauge but am confused by the options in the h file. I cannot see how to define the Right Hand selector.Maybe someone could give me a clue as to the relevant code.An easier option maybe this :-The Baron uses XML for the Fuel Selectors but I do not know how to add in a sound file to the XML code. My sound file is in the SOUND folder of the sim. Would it be easier to add some lines to the XML rather than using EasyGauge?Regards...Kenny

OK Doug, thanks for the link. I am pulling my hair out trying to programme EG to recognise the Tank Selector but to no avail. FrBill and Lonny have been helping but no joy so far. I am just not seeing the correct code to enter in EG. So maybe I can add to the xml code for the Baron Throttle panel. I'll try anyway. Regards...Kenny

Hello again Doug, I've downloaded your XML sound gauge but note that it is for FS9. I am still flying FS2002. I have installed it anyway into the Baron panel using FS Panel Studio. I have altered the .ini file to suit my sound file. However no sound when I operate the fuel selector.Is your sound gauge compatable with FS2002? If so then I will go back and check out my installation of the gauge.Regards...Kenny

Doug, sorry to keep at you with this but I have the late Bill Morads XML sound gauge. I have really not made use of it because I am not up to speed with XML. However, is it possible to add a KEY_EVENT to an existing XML gauge. I don't know if I have phrased that correctly but Mr Morads gauge relies on the afterburners being toggled. If I could add that event ID to the Baron Fuel Selector then possibly I could get my sound file to play.Here is a snippet from the Baron fuel selector. I would need to add a toggle for the afterburner event.This is from the Panel Studio programme- Can I simply put another in? Like This- It's new stuff to me, I use Panel Studio to place gauges but have never made a gauge with XML.Cheers...Kenny

Hi Kenny,For multiple events in "click" code:Instead of use (>K:FUEL_SELECTOR_2_ALL) (>K:TOGGLE_AFTERBURNER1)Cheers, Rob

Kenny,No, the gauge I did will not work with FS2002. It relies on compiled gauges being able to read xml variables. This feature was not added to FS until FS9. I'm actually surprised that the gauge didn't crash FS2002...Doug

Hi Lads,Rob, thanks for the info. I tried the XML the way that I posted it but as you will know it did not work. It really is hard going trying to learn all this stuff!! I am making a gauge that will play a confirmation when certain flightdeck actions have happened, eg Parking Brakes Off etc. I did not realise that it would be so difficult to find out how to code the Baron Fuel Selectors with EasyGauge. The h file in the SDK is not very explicit for someone like myself. That is why I am now trying the XML route as the Baron Throttle panel is one XML gauge.Doug, thanks also for your info re your gauge. I did not go for FS9 as I had a lot of good stuff for 2002. It took me a while to make it all work and then FS9 came out. However, I am planning on upgrading when FSX is released. I'll go and try to make this work now.Regards to you both...Kenny

Rob, that piece of XML code worked a treat. Of course, you knew that it would. Boy, am I one happy gauger My sound byte plays right on cue.I'll be able to move on now that I know how to make the code work that way. Still, it would be good to figger out how to do it with EasyGauge.I'll keep working on that one.Thanks a million...Kenny