Sign in to follow this  
Guest Douglas K

Structural De-ice

Hello everyone,I also posted this into the general forum without any response, hopefully someone from here can help me out.Does anybody know which entry must be present in an air file (*.air), to have structural de-ice enabled on a piston engine?I tried endless hours to implement structural de-ice onto the Alphasim Caribou without success.Structural de-ice (wing anti-ice ?) works perfect on the Milton Shupe Beech 18 and can be observed with AFSD. For testing i used the B18 airfile on my modded Caribou panel (put an anti-ice switch in here) and it works, but the Caribou can´t be flown with the B18 air file.Any help here would be niceThxRon

Guest Douglas K

>>>>Does anybody know which entry must be present in an air file (*.air), to have structural de-ice enabled on a piston engine? I tried endless hours to implement structural de-ice onto the Alphasim Caribou without success.<<<http://perso.orange.fr/hsors/FS_Soft/fsairfile.html then you should be able to see an int32 named

Thanks Douglas, that 1513 thingy was the problem.Structural De-ice (Wing Anti-ice) works now and ice can be eliminated with that.AFSD shows that the ice weight drops to zero as soon as the anti ice switch is switched on. Can this process slowed down as in real world, meaning it should take some time until the ice melt.ThxRon

Guest Douglas K

>>>>AFSD shows that the ice weight drops to zero as soon as the anti ice switch is switched on. Can this process slowed down as in real world, meaning it should take some time until the ice melt.<<<

Guest Ron Freimuth

>>>>>Does anybody know which entry must be present in an air>file (*.air), to have structural de-ice enabled on a piston>engine? I tried endless hours to implement structural de-ice>onto the Alphasim Caribou without success.<<<<>>Are you using AirEd to look into the airfile? If so, and if>you have an up to date ini file, >>available here: >>http://perso.orange.fr/hsors/FS_Soft/fsairfile.html >>then you should be able to see an int32 named

Guest Douglas K

>>>>I think one of the 1519 values actually applies to "Pneumatic Deice".<<<>>>However, in FSX, the types are set in aircraft.cfg.<<<