Sign in to follow this  
Guest Magma

FSX SDK included in pre-release?

Guest Magma

I read somewhere that the FSX SDK was included in the FSX pre-release, but I just downloaded it and can't see it in any directory. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

The "preliminary" SDKs are included in the FilePlanet beta version and the "official" beta3 version. They are not in the Demo release.They will be found in the FSXSDK folder...P.S. Please don't check off the "plain text" option unless posting code... it makes it very difficult for those of us with bad eyes to read... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Good news, however, is that the updated gauges.h file is in the public (final) version of FSX Deluxe.I was beginning to worry that the new gauges.h file might be delayed, but MS got it in. Lots of new events and variables to play with after having taken a brief look at the new h file....Chrs,Bryan

Guest Magma

That is good news about the gauges.h file being included in the FSX release. I would love to take a peek at that file in order not to lose a couple weeks worth of work waiting for FSX (deluxe) to hit the selves. Bill had mentioned that a preliminary version of FSX SDK was available from FilePlanet, would this also include the same gauges.h?

I think the updated gauges.h file is only in the release version of FSX.The new gauges.h file is going to need some work so it contains all the extra, custom added stuff the FS2004 versions of the gauges.h file contain.-Bryan

>I think the updated gauges.h file is only in the release>version of FSX.>>The new gauges.h file is going to need some work so it>contains all the extra, custom added stuff the FS2004 versions>of the gauges.h file contain.Actually, I think I'm going to follow Hans Hartmann's suggestion to strip all the "extras" out of the current fs9gauges.h file and create a new, FSXgauges.h file with only the "new stuff" in it, then use #include gauges.h at the top to allow the "stock version" to be accessible. :)

Fr. Bill    

Guest Magma

Does anyone know what this "new stuff" is yet? Have any third party developers seen the "new stuff"?

>Does anyone know what this "new stuff" is yet? Have any third>party developers seen the "new stuff"?You're asking about different "new stuff" from what I'm describing... ;) Arne Bartels and Dai Griffiths added a bunch of functions, etc. to the stock gauges.h files from FS2, FS2k2, and FS9, such as BRIGHTEN_IMAGE(), DARKEN_IMAGE(), LUMINOUS_IMAGE() and DELUMINOUS_IMAGE, etc.I will strip that stuff out of my current fs9gauges.h and create a new fsxgauges.h file, so I won't have to mess with it ever again.The other "new stuff" is a collection of about 160 new token variables and key_events that've been added to the sim, so both gauges.h and xml.dtd have been updated with their definitions.Yes, I have the new gauges.h file to work from already. Soon, everyone who buys the Deluxe Edition of FSX will have it also. ;)

Fr. Bill    

Guest Magma

>Yes, I have the new gauges.h file to work from already.Well aren't you the lucky one:) And how does a company go about getting their hands on that file prior to release? Do you have to sign an NDA? I'm really just trying to find out whether it includes X Y Z aircraft position variables in either C or XML. A simple head nod or shake would definitely help:)Thomas Magma

>>Yes, I have the new gauges.h file to work from already.>>Well aren't you the lucky one:) And how does a company go>about getting their hands on that file prior to release? Do>you have to sign an NDA? I'm really just trying to find out>whether it includes X Y Z aircraft position variables in>either C or XML. A simple head nod or shake would definitely>help:)>>Thomas Magma I was part of the beta test team, so we had early access to the code bits...As for the x,y,z position vars, there are no changes whatsoever... You'll just have to 'do the math' like everyone else... Sorry ;)

Fr. Bill    

Guest Magma

OK I did the math and it seems to work quite well. I'm not sure what kind of burden it added to the processor though. It kind of bugs me that FS probably uses ECEF as their base coordinate system and converts it to LLA and then I have to go and convert it right back. Oh well, c'est la vie. Thomas Magma