Sign in to follow this  
Guest dodger

2D lighting

Guest dodger

Hi All, How can i put some lighting onto my 2D panel, i say ONTO as the gauges are lit ok, i have seen the VC lighting tutorial but i can't find anything for 2D . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Dodger,The dynamic (changing) lighting of the 2D panel is controlled by your panel.cfg file's section (which is often absent from a panel.cfg).To easily modify the 2D panel lighting you can download a copy of GaugeGlow and register it. You can get it here at AVSIM. For the latest update, click on the link in the title bar after you install it. It will then make all the panel edits for you and allow you to easily select the right color combinations for the effect you want to light the panel, and luminous and non-luminous portions of gauges. Be sure to check out the .chm help file for info on how to use it, and the Tips 'n Tricks No. 23 which has an article about it (available here at AVSIM).Patrick

Guest dodger

Thanks for the help Patrick, Cheers.