Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

FSX aircraft....anything different?

Hi....got my copy of FSX Deluxe yesterday.Can I move some FS9 aircraft straight into FSX?Anything I have to do different?Anything that has to be "tweaked" to get FS9 aircraft to work in FSX?ThanksFaxCap

I guess the only thing stopping FS9 aircraft from working in FSX are anyolder FS98 style gauges in their panel. Looks like XML only gauges.FaxCap

>I guess the only thing stopping FS9 aircraft from working in>FSX are any>older FS98 style gauges in their panel. Looks like XML only>gauges.No, any gauges except FS98 style C gauges... FSk2k, FS9 and FSX C gauges work just fine, in addition to XML gauges.This was asked and answered last week, same channel... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>No, any gauges except FS98 style C gauges... FSk2k, FS9>and FSX C gauges work just fine, in addition to XML gauges.Thanks, Bill....so using my favorite FS9 aircraft may only mean switching a gauge or two....or seven. :-)FaxCap

I should have an aircraft mover/gauge copier available by next week. It's out of beta testing but needs a tidy-up before release.-Dai

Sounds good, Dai....will it be uploaded to Avsim?FaxCap

It'll be on Avsim sooner or later. PCPilot requested it months back so I feel they should get a run at it for a couple of weeks after it appears on their cover CD first.-Dai

Guest FelixFFDS

>Obviously aircraft go into the SimObjects sub folder now, no>more Aircraft... ;)Why not? All you would have to do is change your FSX.cfg file:[Main]User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjectsAirplanesto[Main]User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=Aircraft(I think)Which, if some wise developer decides, could write up a batch file to start up FSX with different FSX.cfg (or change the cfg on the fly) so that a developer can have different "airplane" folders for pleasure, and development.....

>Why not? All you would have to do is change your FSX.cfg>file:>>[Main]>User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter>SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjectsAirplanes>>to>>[Main]>User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter>SimObjectPaths.0=AircraftDon't "change," add to! ;)User Objects=Airplane, HelicopterSimObjectPaths.0=SimObjectsAirplanesSimObjectPaths.1=SimObjectsRotorcraftSimObjectPaths.2=SimObjectsGroundVehiclesSimObjectPaths.3=SimObjectsBoatsSimObjectPaths.4=SimObjectsAnimalsSimObjectPaths.5=SimObjectsMiscSimObjectPaths.6=Aircraft

Fr. Bill    

Guest FelixFFDS

Fr. Bill - I like this suggestion even better - and it works like a charm!I popped over one of my FSDS builds into the "Aircraft" folder and it works beautifully. The added models show up at the end of the list.

>Fr. Bill - I like this suggestion even better - and it works>like a charm!>>I popped over one of my FSDS builds into the "Aircraft" folder>and it works beautifully. The added models show up at the end>of the list.Don't forget, you can also add these two entries to each of the aircraft.cfg file 'variations' to further enhance 'sorting possibilities...'ui_typerole="Twin Engine Jet"ui_createdby="Eaglesoft Development Group"One could create entries like thie:ui_createdby="FS9 Military"ui_createdby="FS9 Civil"etc. The possibilities are endless...

Fr. Bill