Sign in to follow this  
FaxCap

Wheels up or wheels down.....how?

HiWhat or where is the setting for whether and aircraft starts withit's wheels up or down? What I'm getting at is amphibious aircraft like a Grumman Goose or a PBY5A Catalina.Is it in the .air file or hard coded in the source code?FaxCap

Hi,Not sure, but you can make an xml gauge which tells the sim what to do with the gear at startup.For example (not tested):(L:Gear Startup Status,enum) 0 == if{ (A:SIM ON GROUND,bool) (A:SURFACE TYPE,enum) 2 != and if{ (>K:GEAR_DOWN) } els{ (>K:GEAR_UP) } 1 (>L:Gear Startup Status,enum) } Now at startup the gear will always be down when on the ground and up in the air.Also up when in the water.Hope you can do something with it,Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

That's great....thank you.Now all I have to do is learn how to turn that into an XML gauge. :-)FaxCap

Hi,Sorry, didn't know you couldn't.But this is what you can do:Uncab in a folder of your choice the Boeing747-400.cab from the Gauges directory.Take one of the xml gauges, (make a copy), open with Notepad and delete everything.Paste the next code in there:(L:Gear Startup Status,enum) 0 == if{ (A:SIM ON GROUND,bool) (A:SURFACE TYPE,enum) 2 != and if{ (>K:GEAR_DOWN) } els{ (>K:GEAR_UP) } 1 (>L:Gear Startup Status,enum) } And save.Now you have a copy of gauge???Rename to e.g. Gear startup statusPut the xml file in the panel folder of your acft and add to the panel.cfg:Gaugexx=!Gear startup status, 0,0Should work now.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Thank you VERY much!!!!Although I make scenery I haven't learned panel design. :-)FaxCap

Hi JanI couldn't get it to work. I used winrar to open the 747-400 cab then chose 1 gauge to uncab. I saved it to a temp folder then deleted everything in the file. I pasted in your code and saved it with the name "Gear startup status.xml". I moved the file to the aircraft's panel folder and edited the panel.cfg to add "Gauge24=!Gear startup status, 0,0". This aircraft had 23 gauge entries before the new XML.The gear are always down if it's on land or water.Have I missed something?As a last resort could I make a separate FS9aircraft folder for an ai version of this aircraft then have a gauge "force" the gear to the UP 100% of the time? As an ai aircraft I would use it to fly water to watermost times.ThanksKen

Hi Ken,If you want the gear always up change the code into and try:(L:Gear Startup Status,enum) 0 == if{ (>K:GEAR_UP) 1 (>L:Gear Startup Status,enum) } The other code should force the gear down when on the ground and not on the water.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hi again, JanVersion 2 didn't work either. :-(Does the new gauge line in the panel.cfg stay the same?"Gaugexx=!Gear startup status, 0,0" Do I need to change one of the "0" to "1"?Ken

Hi,I will test it today and maybe come up with a solution.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Ken,You are right, no succes.No solution for the moment.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."