Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mathias

Setting parking brake permanently...

Hi all,What would be the best, simplest possible way of setting a parking brake on by default, from the startup, every time the aircraft is loaded, no matter what the brake status was saved as in the situation.The reason is - I have a hydraulic vertical landing skid setup, which compresses ever so cool under the weight during landing. Note - I am talking about a completely vertical landing/takeoff. Since I had to define this as a wheel setup, (only wheels are allowed compression animation - skids can only be rigid) FS thinks the whole thing is allowed to roll as if it had wheels. Therefore, I need to have it with the parking brakes set permanently on (unless there is a better way to stopping the rolling)What's the best possible way of doing this? It looks to me that an XML gauge would do the trick, but wouldn't this be activated only when a panel with this gauge is displayed?Also, how would gauge call this event - simulating a K event or setting a variable BRAKE PARKING POSITION to TRUE, or...?Thanks in advance,Misho

P3D SpacePort Team

Hi,Not tested, but you could try something like:(G:Var1) 0 == if{ (A:PARKING_BRAKE_POS,position) 0 > if{ (K:PARKING_BRAKES) } els{ (K:PARKING_BRAKES) } 1 (>G:Var1) } Put this in an xml gauge which is visible at startup.Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hi Jan, and thanks...I tested this each and every way but this gives no joy. I checked the syntax but it seems fine to me... Would you be able to test it yourself and debug it? I am not seeing the error if there is one here...Thanks!

P3D SpacePort Team

This seems to work:( A:BRAKE PARKING INDICATOR, bool) ! if{ 0 (>K:PARKING_BRAKES) }Doug

Hi,Strange, it works for a lot of K-Events I tested, but not for the Parking Brake.See Doug!!!This one seems a little bit better because of the toggling:(G:Var1) 0 == if{ (A:BRAKE PARKING INDICATOR,bool) ! if{ (>K:PARKING_BRAKES) }1 (>G:Var1) } Hope etc.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest Mathias

If there is no luck with XML I could give it a C++ shot - I adore gauges that do things on their own!In any case make sure you define that automatic parking brakes gauge in the VC section of the panel.cfg. This way it should be loaded and active anytime you load the plane or whatever it is you have there, no matter in what view.

>This seems to work:>>>>>( A:BRAKE PARKING INDICATOR, bool) ! if{ 0 (>K:PARKING_BRAKES)>}>>>>>Doug>Thanks Doug- It did!! Exactly what I want - you can't even turn it off LOL!!!Thanks again everyone!!

P3D SpacePort Team

Guest Mathias

>Thanks Mathias - it worked in XML after all!Good to hear!