Sign in to follow this  
Guest christopherhawk

Favorite Twin T-tail

Just for fun, what's your favorite twin engine T-tail airliner and why? I love the Maddog, first commercial airliner I rememember flying on (Delta) and first that I worked on as a ramp agent (Delta again). Love the DC-9 but the MD-80 takes it further. I think it's a great looking jet that has some great sounding engines. I heard from a fellow pilot who flew AA MD-80s for a short while that he despised them and that it seemed like the cockpit was just a hodgepodge of different equipment thrown together. Maybe so. I guess the Fokker F-100 left a great impression on him (he only had great things to say about the F-100). What do you think?

Guest NoobPilot

I've never flown one (or piloted at all for that matter) or flown in one, but I really like the CRJ900. Bombardier is one of my favorites, and it's in my native country. It looks sleek, and has a huge amount of thrust apparently.

>I've never flown one (or piloted at all for that matter) or>flown in one, but I really like the CRJ900. Bombardier is one>of my favorites, and it's in my native country. It looks>sleek, and has a huge amount of thrust apparently. Huge amounts of thrust if those engines were strapped to a Cessna. Better then the early CRJs though.

TU-134 because of the noise and smoke :-)I've only flown in one once in real life - London to Warsaw.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

VC-10. The best and the fastest.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest bstolle

Well, the VC-10 isn't exacactly a TWIN engined aircraft ;) but due to Vickers wrong estimates about future airports it burned fuel like an 8-engined aircraft. LOL

CRJ 100-200 for the high Vref attitude and the 700-900 for the powerful climb. I love being in them as a passenger. It would have been nice to have complexe, realistic ones for FS.I agree with you Polcat on the great sound of the Maddog, lovely roar.EDIT: Spelling

Guest fullstoplanding

Aesthetically pleasing, the DC-9. That long, tubular fuselage with half of it ahead of the wing gave it the look of a gigantic, prehistoric winged-beast, especially when seen just after breaking ground and establishing its very steep climb attitude.--Roger

Guest Sunny9850

When someone asks about twin tails I am thinking Beech 18, Lockheed L12A Elektra and Hughes 500. All of which I find personally much more interesting than any of the modern jets.To answer the idea of the question though...I'd go with the CRJ as well. Comfortable enough, fast and relatively quiet.The MD-80/DC-9 was great to fly in...as long as you were seated far enough infront of those engines. Anger the gate or ticket agent and end up in seat 32A or F for a 3.5h flight and no ear plugs in the world can safe you from the headache that's sure to come :)

I'm a "fan" of the Piper Seminole (which I'm currently training in) because it's a pretty decent airplane, but it's a little on the slow side for a twin. As far as airliners go, I love the DC-9 family of airplanes because the DC-9 is the airplane I was flying in when I decided I was going to be a pilot at the age of ten. Eleven years later and I'm still plugging away. ;)

Guest christopherhawk

I have to agree with your AA friend. When I flew the DC-9-31 almost 40 years ago, I hadn