Sign in to follow this  
Varmint007

FSX Outside View Alignment

Guest SimDog

This may not be the correct fourm, but I thought I'd post here in hopes of a fix.When viewing FSX in 2d mode without the panels (W twice), the forward, 45 degree, and 90 degree views do not align. There is a large gap in the view. I have not checked all eight views, but I would suspect all do not align.Try placing the edge of a building on the very left of the froward view. Then turn the aircraft to the right. The building does not immediately come in to view in left 45 degree view. I recall there is an Eyepoint setting in the aircraft.cfg. Does anyone know if there is a setting other than up/down, left/right, forward/back? To get the view to align, it seems that you need a left/right swivel in degrees to get the view edges to align.Regards,SD

Hi,I believe it is just the physics of the situation. With the relatively small angle of view we get from a typical monitor, when you move your head 45 degrees you have moved it further than will allow the edges to align. So there is a gap. You would need to reduce the zoom factor to get them to align (not typically a good choice).Try this - not exact but it will give you the idea. Sitting at your computer desk, put the palms of your hands on your ears. Close one eye. Then slide your hands forward until they are blocking your view on either side of your monitor. Then turn your head (and hands) 45 degrees. You will not see the edge of your monitor. There is a gap.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest SimDog

Hi Tom,Yes, zoom is the key to correct the gap. At .72, I get an almost perfect alignment from one screen to the next.I don't normally fly with the vc, so this will arrangement is working very well. Regards,SD

The ACES team apparently thought it would be a good idea to narrow the default field of view in FSX. No doubt they felt the performance was poor enough to warrant that action. By narrowing the field of view they effectively reduce the number of polygons being rendered in any given frame. There is no other reason they would have taken that action.This leads to more than a few problems, not the least of which is the view alignment you mentioned. Things like HUDS which were carefully aligned to the FOV in FS9 are FUBAR in FSX.The FOV has changed by approximately 25%. What was correct at x1 zoom in FS9, translates to approximately x0.75 in FSX.--Jon