Sign in to follow this  
dolph98

Moving Map Display

Hi all,I have been using the Lear panel from Thomas Meier. It has a switch so that the center display can be a moving map, apparently. The switch is labeled 'map' anyway.So I was wondering what additional file and/or .cfg change would be required to get the moving map to work like the big jets? I have poked around a bit but can't figure it out. Thomas does not answer his emails.Thanks in advance, dolph98

OK, let me reask this question in a different way. Can I add a moving map display to a panel? How do I do this? Is there any docs on it anywhere? dolph

Negative, not in a step 1-2-3 simple way AFAIK. You could either go and have a look for default gauges, some of them have moving maps incorporated (A321, B738). But they look all the same, basically, for they use the common XML engine to draw their maps. You could place on of these in your panel, but they'd still unmistakably look like Airbus/Boeing, certainly not like Honeywell/Learjet.Another method would be to design your own gauge, for that could be customized to your likes and your plane. Downside is obviously the coding effort. If you go for XML you have plently enough examples within your FSX default installation. If you choose the C++ approach you've gotta look for a data source first to feed your map.Cheers, :-beerchugEtienne :-wave

Guest rkruijer

Hallo Dolph,I took a look at this lear panel today and I don't know what you are aiming at.The panel has the normal GPS and a static Moving map that you find in all aircraft. It has an additional Weather Radar.You have to be more precise in what you want. What is the zip name of the panel? Can you make a picture of this Moving Map and post it here?Using gauges in other aircraft is easy once you know how to do it.Roelof

Hi Roelof,OK, I reinstalled the panel and it still didn't work. I am sorry to have wasted your time on this. I found the answer. If you look at the picture herehttp://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Loca...&ImageID=141495it shows the center display with a map - some airports and some waypoints. I am using Thomas Meier's Lear panel, lear45_panel_0609.zip and lear45_panel_0609f1.zip, that I am enjoying very much over the default lear panel. The panel has a switch on the left side that has a "map" position which, on my system, was just a black screen with a compass rose at the top, and that's about it. There was no map elements.I found that, duh, there are some very small switches underneath the rotating knob which selects map elements. I thought I had missed something. I was right.Thanks,dolph