Sign in to follow this  
Team_P3DSpacePort

XML: Helicopter Collective

Ok, I searched everywhere and tried everythig I could think of - I refuse to believe that there is no variable (parameter) that would give me current Helicopter collective value - a percent of it, or the lever position, or anything!The funny thing is - it is possible to SET the collective (in the default R22, you can set it through PROP_PITCH_SET, by calling PROP_PITCH_INCR/DECR event, but there is no value that gives the current position of the collective. I tried:(A:PROP(1) BETA,degree)(A:GENERAL ENG(1) PROPELLER LEVER POSITION,percent)but none of these yield anything. Any ideas, anyone?(I tried hovercontrol already... the XML discussion is not as "lively" as here...)

P3D SpacePort Team

Guest jimcooper1

I'm a C-Programmer so not sure of all the XML variables. However, most Joysticks use the throttle lever to set the collective. So you could use the XML equivalent of this c-variable:GENERAL_ENGINE1_THROTTLE_LEVER_POS RegardsJim

Right - well, that's where the confusion lies:The collective is controlled by the throttle handle as long as GOVERNOR SWITCH is on (governor is activated)If you turn the governor off, you can control cyclic separately from the throttle - you can set throttle using CTRL F1 to CTRL F4 keys, and the cyclic using the joystick throttle lever.Governor "governs" the relationship between cyclic and throttle. In the section of R22 "throttle_popup.xml" gauge, moving the throttle handle actually calls the "PROP_PITCH_SET", while tooltip shows Throttle percent value. Now, the PROP_PITCH_SET MUST be the cyclic. Is there any way of SHOWING the value of this? That's what I'm trying to get at.

P3D SpacePort Team

Guest jimcooper1

Try this variable,PROPELLER_1_SYNC_DELTA_LEVERIt certanily responds to collective/throttle inputs in my helos. Not sure how it responds in the ungoverned state thoughRegardsJim

Thanks Jim,I tried that variable and there is absolutely no response/movement of the collective, it just sits in its default location: (A:general eng throttle lever position:1,percent) (* Y Range = 283 to 483 200 pixels *) (A:PROPELLER_1_SYNC_DELTA_LEVER,percent)Throttle handle moves fine, but collective handle just sits there. Apart from the variable and positions, the code is identical. To answer your question, I think that in the governed mode, both handles would move together in some "coreographed" fashion, as directed by the governor.FYI, I couldn't find the variable you suggested in the SDK and I also tried the closest one, PROP SYNC DELTA LEVER, but no luck on that one either. Any other suggestions would be immensely appreciated.

P3D SpacePort Team

Guest jimcooper1

As I said I haven't done any XML gauges (as yet) but looking at the Parameters file in the SDK the variable I was talking about should be:PROP SYNC DELTA LEVERor maybePROP(1) SYNC DELTA LEVERRegardsJim

Thanks Jim,No joy on this variable either. I think I exhausted almost all the avenues, except going C with this one in particualr. I just find it amazing that a basic variable such as the collective cannot be accessed.

P3D SpacePort Team

Guest Skymed

The XML variable for the collective is (A:General Eng Throttle Lever Position:1,percent)This is true for all helicopters based on the 206 ( and I believe also for the R22. The THROTTLE would be the (A:general eng propeller lever position:1,percent)Steve

Thanks Steve,Re: A:general eng propeller lever position:1,percentI have used that parameter before, in the above code, but I get no movement from it as I adjust Throttle (or collective). It is pegged at 100% value all the time.Parameter A:General Eng Throttle Lever Position:1,percent seems to give me a combo of the two - it goes up 50% as I adjust the throttle from 0 to max (0-50%) and then it goes from 50% to 100% as I adjust the collective 0 to max... (This is with governor off)

P3D SpacePort Team