Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

What Fonts does FS9 Support?

Guest rkruijer

Hi,I was trying to change the font in an XML file.I know that you can use Quartz and Arial. Is the use limited to these 2? Both of them are .ttf fonts btw. Can .fon fonts be used?I tried to change it to "glassga" but there seemed to be no change.I suppose FS9 is looking in the WindowsFont folder.Some light on this would be welcome.Roelof

Hi,I believe any font, just put some from Windows, MS Word in the FS font folder.I even have functioning Greek font.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest rkruijer

Hallo Jan>I believe any font, just put some from Windows, MS Word in the>FS font folder.>I even have functioning Greek font.I have glassga in FS9fonts. I must be doing something wrong.When I change the size to 10 I get bigger letters but they remain in Arial. (L:Showit,bool) (L:Warning6,bool) and LO FUEL Is there something wrong in the pixel setting X,Y?I never understood the function of them. You would say it has to do with size but what is FontSize="8" doing then?Is there a way to make the letters bold?Bold="Yes" does not give me any effect.Roelof

Hi,Leave fontsize out (better to use it with Formattedtext, where you can choose several sizes in one text-element) (L:Showit,bool) (L:Warning6,bool) and LO FUELTry "Arialblack" (is bold!)Open "Glassga" and look at the lettertypo's, may be the same as Arial?X="100" Y="14" means the length and height of the textarea.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest rkruijer

Thanks Jan>Try "Arialblack" (is bold!)>>Open "Glassga" and look at the lettertypo's, may be the same>as Arial?>>X="100" Y="14" means the length and height of the textarea.>Thanks for that. I got rid of the size paramater.Works great! The only thing that does not work is using another font.I tried glassga. No mixup as it has a very distinct look.I tried Ariblk because I cannot find Arialblack. No goI tried ARENAK (also bold) no go.I will copy your code and see what gives. You never know.Roelof

Guest rkruijer

Hi againI tried your code and it works fine except for the fact that I cannot change the font. Somewhere there seems to be a default font set. I tried leaving the font="Arial" paramater out and it still works. That default code is very dominant I'm afraid.Maybe someone comes up with a clever idea. I am at the end of my rope.Roelof

Guest rkruijer

>"glass gauge">>and>>"arial black"Jan,I'll be ....... This works. How does this come about?Where did you dig this up?Anyway, much obliged.Roelof

Guest Tomcattwo

Roelof, look in your Flight Simulator 9 folder, find the folder called "Fonts" and pop it open. The fonts in there are what are used by FS9 for gauges etc. You can call any of them in your text statement. Open each to find the call name. "Glass Gauge" is the name you are looking for.Extrapolating this, if you want to get fancy (not advised but doable), you can include a font with your gauge and have your install program stick it in the FlightSimulator 9Fonts folder, and call it within your gauge.R/TC2

Guest rkruijer

>Roelof, look in your Flight Simulator 9 folder, find the>folder called "Fonts" and pop it open. The fonts in there are>what are used by FS9 for gauges etc. You can call any of them>in your text statement. Open each to find the call name.>"Glass Gauge" is the name you are looking for.Jan,In fact. When using a font in your gauge, don't call it by its file name but take a peek (with notepad or the likes)in the font file.Search for "Version" and use the name that is in front of it!For glassga.tff it looks like this:_URW Software, Copyright 1998 by URWGlass GaugeRegularURW:GlassGauge-Regular:1998Glass GaugeVersion 1.00GlassGaugeYou can copy fonts from your Windowsfont folder to your FS9fonts folder. Did not test this yet!Roelof

For Bold an Italic stuff ...do it like this for example.Font="Arial Bold Italic"This will give you Arial with Bold and Italics ...the Bold and Italics will work with any Font ;)