Sign in to follow this  
Guest gedoza

I need help to make a mdl file from Gmax

Guest gedoza

Hi... I'm just finish a model plane in Gmax, but I can't export it to FS9.I have installed makemdl in Gmax, I press the export button and pop up:Asserting Failedin file: "bitarray.cpp"Line:127and Gmax close.Can somebody help me?Sorry by my english. I'm speak spanish.Thanks.

>Hi... I'm just finish a model plane in Gmax, but I can't>export it to FS9.>I have installed makemdl in Gmax, I press the export button>and pop up:>>Asserting Failed>in file: "bitarray.cpp">Line:127>>and Gmax close.>>Can somebody help me?Did you simply put MakeMDL.exe in the GMax plugins folder?If so, that won't work...You MUST "install" the SDK properly, according to the directions in the readme file.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest gedoza

Thanks for your answer Bill, but I'm reintall the makemdl sdk according the instruction, and still the same error.It's possible can I make an error in the model plane?... What can I do for check it?Thanks again.

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Your model must be very "clean" - meaning no isolated verties, no problems in the mesh, etc.This is why most of us often export the model several times during development to test that it is good.Open GMax and make a box and try to export that. If this box works, then your problem is in your model.

Guest gedoza

Thanks a lot Patrick, that was the problem. I must to remake the flaps and rectify some visual details like surfaces that are no seen, and the landing gear that only lower one of them.In addition, Does somebody know how to give some movement to the pilot's head?Thanks again, to both of you.Regards

Guest Milton

Create a small object inside the pilot's head.Set its pivot to center of object. Name it rudder_nn. Copy that object and leave it in place. Name it l_aileron_nn. Link the rudder_nn to l_aileron_nn.Link the pilot's head to the rudder_nn. You now have left/right, up/down pilot head movement when you use these control surfaces. Set the pivots so that a left bank will turn the pilot's head left and upward.

Guest 67C VJPL

The ways are endless ,, you got your wobble head -- Tick18_00Call the head or a node Tick18_00 ( the extra underscore renames anymore animation nodes in series)When you have your part named keyframe the animation desired within anywhere between 100 and 1000 keyframes , longer time offeringon the order of 50 seconds at 18 frames .You can stack animations with the Tick18_00 linked to a bank angle node , to get a gforce look , call a part rudder_01 link and on the ground the Tick18_00 will turn ,Call the eyeballs Tick18_01 and Tick18_02 and animate those linked to Tick18_00 linked to rudder_01 , linked to a keyframed node named turn_coordinator_ball ,linked to a keyframed elevator ( looks up and down )The list is as long as your arm and could count XML , conditional displays that add multiple Dependant animations .You could get a character to scratch his nose at 10,000 feet with XML and a twisted sense of humorArms and legs are well demonstrated in the Curtis Jenny that came with the sdk , i have these guys walking around in models ( Hindenburg ) and as Aircraft models and there is no end to the possibilitiesThis thread shows the production process for my latest seriesof "rigged" mesh avatars in done 3DS8 for FSX , the XML runsthese things and causes them to move , walk , sit ,http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb/Y...?num=1161014127 there are also FS9 versions in the thread and they can be done in Gmax

Guest gedoza

Thanks for your tips guys, I will practice about them.Regards.