Sign in to follow this  
Emile

?What product to be used to edit/open a .gau file FS

Hello,What product must be used to edit/open/change the content of a .gau FS9 file.Thanks in advance.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

None, it is a compiled code. Attempting to change it is most definitely a violation of the original developer's copyright.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hello,Why the question?In FS9 I use a gauge called "jg_hgsa.gau", this gauge can be used to replace the "mini panel" with a Hud. I have contacted the group who made this gauge to ask if a FS X version will be made available. They informed me that the author is not available anymore, they have no contact anymore with him and they do have the source code.So I try to make an FS X version.That's the reason.Thanks for reading.Have a nice day.Attached the panel.cfg available in the FS9 Aircraft default folder.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

You can not take an older FS gauge and make it FSX compatible. You would have to create the gauge from scratch if you don't have the original source code.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ok, seams more complicated than I expected ... no one in the designer group willing to create an FS X compatible .gau ???(If you do not ask you have no answer .. Chinees proverbe LOL) Thanks in advance.