Sign in to follow this  
Guest Timothius

No bmp file for gauge problem

Guest Timothius

I am having a problem trying to make a new gauge in FSX. This is my first attempt at making a gauge and I am sure I am making some basic mistake. I have followed the example given in the Panel and Gauge SDK. I had some problems working with the Ace.exe but got it figured out after some trial and error. I also think I have a very basic understanding of the xml but I am still very new at it. Here is my problem: I can

Tim,You could start by attaching your .cab file :-)What you can try yourself: if you unzip the .cab file to a subfolder with the same name, does it work then ?So: If your file is called abc.cab, place all the files in abc.cab to a folder ...gaugesabcRob Barendregt

Guest Timothius

After a lot of experimentation I finally found what the problem was. The SDK tutorial left out one important detail when you are making your cab file using the ace.exe and Cabdir.exe utilities in conjunction. I will give a brief explanation in hopes of helping any other new gauge builders that run into this problem. I followed the tutorial in the SDK step by step but after making the cab file I could not get the gauge to work. The problem was this line in the xml file: The part that has ArtDirectory=

If you don't mind, I'd like to forward your entire message to Peter at ACES (the fellow who's responsible for writing/editing the SDKs.This is a rather critical step I should think! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Timothius

I do not mind at all if you forward this thread. I hope it can help others.Tim