Sign in to follow this  
Vaga1

Learning guage development but need help with one.

Hi all! Since FSX came out I have been playing with the SDK to see what I can do. I have made a few guages but they are still just basic designes. I am now getting into more advanced designes but need some help with how to make one.I am making a guage that displays the wind direction and speed. The wind speed is working however for the direction I just drew a circle and am trying to rotate a pollygon inside for the direction of the wind. I have gotten it to rotate however it does not line up with the wind direction and will not stay inside the circle. I know it's an error with my rotation and the placement of my pollygon but im not sure how to fix it.Here is my current XML code. Thanks in advance for all the help<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>AceXML DocumentAircraftData5.xml0.000,0.000110,8037.000,20.000Arialgold11WindCENTER100,16True70.000,40.00013524darkslateblueblack42.000,44.000Courierred16%((A:AMBIENT WIND VELOCITY, knot))%!03d%CENTER90,16TrueCENTER5.000,8.00030black1blue10.000,10.000red20.000,32.00025.000,4.00031.000,32.000SYSTEM_ELECTRICAL_PANELSFreeze0.000,0.000Courierred16%((A:AMBIENT WIND DIRECTION,degrees))%!09d!80,13True

Hi,I am not familiar with the new FSX-XML notation, so I give you my working wind direction code for FS9, in this case a polyline:(A:Ambient wind direction, radians) (A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) - (A:Magvar, radians) - pi +Hope you can extract something useful.Mind the pivot and xy coordinates.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Just make sure you spell "gage" correctly. It is gauge not guage!! You will suffer greatly if you misspell it throughout your gauge file.W. Sieffert

Woops... Didn't see that I spelt it wrong in the post but the "gauge" information is correct in my xml file. :-)Thx for all the help on the math phjvh. I was more concerned with how to line up my pollygon in the circle but I was able to figure it out on my own. The math for the degree setting was a big help also though because I hadn't figured out what varible to subtract for the magnetic variable. I now have a working wind gauge! :-)Now if only I was a better graphic artist to make them look good. *:-*

Hi,It always helps to show a pic, then you will get some advice.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

I ran into a new problem today with trying to add bmp images for my new gauges. I have the art directory path correct however when I try to preview the control in the ACE tool the tool crashes and the area where my new guage should be is yellow.If I make a cab file from the control it works just fine but I can't seem to get the preview to work so I can adjust for mouse clicks on the image.Any ideas what might be wrong ?

Guest oldraisin

Just get yourself a decent graphics editor, (Paint Shop Pro, Corel Photopaint (usually in a suite with Corel Draw), or Photoshop). Then learn to cut and paste a lot and apply some of the fancy easy to do effects and you will quickly make some good gauges. The biggest problem is learning how to use your graphics program.........but you do not have to be an artist, more like a draftsman. The OldRaisin

I have about 4 graphic editors that I use and am proficient in them I just can't draw. However I am still having problems with the ACE.EXE program to edit XML files.Adding any image seems to crash the thing for some reason but when I make the .cab file it works just fine. I just have no way to preview with images for setting up mouse clicks and stuff like that.The odd thing is if I change the folder name and use the same art path then it works till I add another image and then I have to change the folder name again or it will crash on the new image.Anyone got any ideas on this error ?

New question for all you control experts.I am trying to create a new control for the engine mixture on the 172. I know how to get the percent for the mixture control however I seem to be having problems figuring out how to set the mixture.I have tried several different ways to set the mixture with a mouse click on a knob control.65.000,20.00015,25UpArrow(A:GENERAL ENG MIXTURE LEVER POSITION:1 percent) + (K:KEY_MIXTURE_INCR)LeftSingle+LeftReleaseI just wanted to make it work like pressing the key shortcut but know I'm not doing something right.Thx for any help anyone can give in helping me learn this stuff.