Sign in to follow this  
Herbie63

Looking for an XML code to movie several elements

Hi,This is the problem, I'd like to get a better solution for:I'm building a gauge with dozens of elements (rectangles) that I need to get moved (rotate / shift) all the same. At the moment I use a code, that each of these elements has its own shift instruction.This works quite well, but I guess I will need 30 or 40 of these elements, which I think will end in a pretty long code...Here is a (simplified) example with three elements only: (A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees,degrees)(A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees,degrees)(A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees,degrees) Is there a possibility to use that SHIFT instruction for all three elements only once? How do I need to group the single elements (rectangles) to get this working?Is there anyone out there to shed some light on this?Thanks in advance!herbie

Hi,Try: (A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees,degrees) Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hi,Like Jan's perfect example shows, you can put those 30-40 elements into a parent element and then apply the effect desired to this one (ie rotate, shift,etc).pseudocode: code ... (*this will make Element-parent and ALL of its childs elements to shift at once *) -parent> Tom

I thought I tried that solution without success...But I'll give it one more try, I obviously made something wrong...Thanks a lot, both of you!!!Herbie