Sign in to follow this  
Varmint007

Direct To ICAO woes

Hey all,I'm trying to create a very simple DTO function which is nothing more than a toggle between normal flight plan and direct to routing. The problem seems to be isolating the ICAO for the current (next) WP and inserting it into the DTO function:(L:DTO, bool) ! d (>L:DTO, bool) if{ (@c:FlightPlanWaypointICAO) (>@c:FlightPlanNewWaypointICAO) 1 (>@c:FlightPlanDirectToDestination) } els{ (>@c:FlightPlanCancelDirectTo) } (@c:FlightPlanWaypointICAO) is always waypoint 0, so the above code always gives me a directTo to the origin. How do I capture the ICAO from the current waypoint index (waypoint you are flying towards) in order to insert it into the FlightPlanNewWaypointICAO? In other words, all I need to do is take the currently active "next" waypoint and make it a directTo waypoint.I also tried (A:GPS WP NEXT ID, string) (>@c:FlightPlanNewWaypointICAO), but they are not compatible.Thanks,--Jon

Hello Jon Try 1 (>@c:FlightPlanCancelDirectTo) This puts the flightplan back and intercepts the nearest leg. Also (Your flightplan nn) (>@c:FlightPlanWaypointIndex) (@c:FlightPlanWaypointIndex) (>@c:FlightPlanActiveWaypoint) Autopilot will always fly to Active waypoint (I think you loose the flight plan with this but (@c:FlightPlanCancelDirectTo) gets it back)try it.

Paul EGLD

Ah, yes thank you, but I'm familiar with (>@c:FlightPlanCancelDirectTo), and it works well. But the problem I have is making the current flight plan waypoint the direct to waypoint (i.e. going the other way). In order to create a DTO, you apparently need the ICAO, yet the ICAO for any given waypoint in a flight plan does not seem to be available.Normally, you would use the ICAO search, and the search result gets put into FacilityICAO which in turn gets put into (>@c:FlightPlanNewWaypointICAO). Finally you set 1 (>@c:FlightPlanDirectToDestination) and you're in DTO mode.But it doesn't seem possible to simply get the current flight plan waypoint ICAO and insert it into (>@c:FlightPlanNewWaypointICAO)?--Jon

Jon,It is probably possible via the: @FPLActivateLeg and (@c:FacilityICAO) (>@c:FlightPlanNewWaypointICAO) way.An example you will find via the nearest pages of the ms-gps.Then you 're losing the FPL.Also you can put the cursor on a waypoint of the flightplan and go DTO (Skipping waypoints between)Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Ah very nice, Jan. It was related to ActivateLeg(A:GPS FLIGHT PLAN WP INDEX, enum) d (>@g:directToActivateLeg) (>@c:FlightPlanWaypointIndex) (@c:FlightPlanWaypointICAO) (>@c:FlightPlanNewWaypointICAO) 1 (>@c:FlightPlanDirectToDestination) Now by toggling DTO the current waypoint will automatically be inserted.Thanks both of you,--Jon