Sign in to follow this  
ozbeowulf

feathering gauge problems

Hi, all...The old Boeing 307 propliner had an unusual feathering system I am trying to replicate. Instead of having a feathering button for each engine, the 307 used a valve with five positions to select the engine to feather (plus "off"). Then the single feather button was pushed to feather the selected engine.My feather selector is no problem; it puts out the correct value for L:feather selector throughout its range.My single feather button works fine with this code (limited to engine 1 only, for testing)Feather Button(L:feather selector, enum)1 == if{ (>K:TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCH_1) } With test strings, I'm reading the correct values for the code above and the feather selector gauge.But when I expand the code to feather a second engine, based on the L:feather selector value, the problems start. The following code does not work for either engine.Feather Button((L:feather selector, enum)1 == if{ (>K:TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCH_1) }) ((L:feather selector, enum)2 == if{ (>K:TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCH_2) }) Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.Cheers,Glenn

Hello Glenn Try (L:feather selector, enum) 1 == if{(>K:TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCH_1) } (L:feather selector,enum) 2 == if{ (>K:TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCH_2) }

Paul EGLD

Hi, Pve...Many thanks for the syntax correction. I'm still learning how xml likes to be used.Adapted to four engine use, the feathering button code became... (L:feather selector, enum) 1 == if{ (>K:TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCH_1) } (L:feather selector, enum) 2 == if{ (>K:TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCH_2) } (L:feather selector, enum) 3 == if{ (>K:TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCH_3) } (L:feather selector, enum) 4 == if{ (>K:TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCH_4) } My delay in posting this thank-you was because I thought there was still a glitch. (Eng 3 would partially feather if another engine was selected for feathering) I found the real problem, though. Anyone who might use a variation of this system or code should be wary of it.The faulty feathering action was coming from L:feather selector values left floating around. If I switch the feather selector back to OFF (value=0) after feathering or unfeathering an engine, everything works perfectly. (While testing, I was repeatedly feathering/unfeathering various engines and taking real world shortcuts.)Now, I'm debating whether to automatically return the selector to OFF with code (unrealistic) or make the downloaders operate the system correctly. (Realistic, but I'll get "it doesn't work!!" emails.) Thanks again, Glenn