Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

How can I make FSX airplane textures?

Guest tharis

Could somebody tell me or teach me or send me a tutorial of how to make/create Airplanes for FSX and what programs you use.1 person told me to use 3D Studio Max, but I dunno how to use it, so...ThanksBTW, i dunno if this is the right section.

Guest Patrick_Waugh

>Could somebody tell me or teach me or send me a tutorial of>how to make/create Airplanes for FSX and what programs you>use.Creating simobjects (aircraft included) for FSX is a large topic. There are many skills and programs required to create a complete aircraft. Task Programs ---- -------- Modeling 3DSMax 8 or GMax Programming Visual Studio C++ and/or Aces XML Gauge Creator (in SDK) XML Editor (optional) Artwork Photoshop CS2 or Paint Shop Pro Panels FS Panel Studio Sounds FS Sound Studio Sound Forge 8If you want to just create the 3D model, and you are just getting started, you'll want to download the free GMax, as 3DSMax is very expensive ($4,000 US).You'll also want to get the Deluxe version of the program that contains the SDK, and download and install the SDK update from the MS site. Begin, by reading that and learning GMax, then experiment and post your questions.

That's a bit like asking someone to "teach you nuclear physics..."...or, "tell me how to build a lunar lander."Both examples are admittedly a bit extreme, but not by much! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest ziporama

Actually Bill, teaching nuclear physics may be simpler because the subject is probably better documented... From a pedagogy standpoint, I think we should have all the documentation for FS in RPN, because a way simpler it is, Yoda me like speaks... :)Tharis, there is plenty of information out there, it's just a matter of finding it and trying things out. One place to start may be fsdeveloper.com in the graphics forum, and google/yahoo is your friend.And now, back to my C# soap box...Etienne

>Actually Bill, teaching nuclear physics may be simpler>because the subject is probably better documented... >>From a pedagogy standpoint, I think we should have all the>documentation for FS in RPN, because a way simpler it is, Yoda>me like speaks... :)Since there's no "code" in this thread, let's turn off the bloody switch, shall we? This tiny blue text is hard to read! ;)Actually, the FSX SDK is a huge improvement over any previous one's released, and would make a good place to begin. Also, there are plethora forums dedicated to each "discipline" within the penumbra of FS modeling. The problems for most folks face is (a) locating the proper entry point, and (:( deciding what to tackle first!To point "a" the best place to begin is http://fsdeveloper.com since it is deliberately designed as an "entry portal" for all of the various disciplines of FS design.The second point "b" is more subjective of course... ;)

Fr. Bill    

>Ever try this? :DI do not use Internet Exploder for the AVSIM forums. I use Netscrape instead...I can easily "pump up the text size" with Netscrape using View/Text Zoom of course, but neither method will change the pale blue text color to something easier on my eyes! ;)

Fr. Bill