Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

XML - Write to file?

I'm assuming the answer is no, but is there ANY way to have an XML gauge write to a file? I'd simply like to store some variables externally at a certain point.

Directly - no. XML can't do that.I have a C gauge that will store the values for you. Drop me a PM or e-mail and I will send it to you.Doug

Great! I have sent you an e-mail through the forum system. Thank you!UPDATE: The PM and e-mail forms on this forum seem to be broken. It won't send any message. Error says the message field is empty although it is not.I've sent you an e-mail to the one in your profile.Jared

>Directly - no. XML can't do that.>I have a C gauge that will store the values for you. Drop me>a PM or e-mail and I will send it to you.>>DougThat reminds me Doug, why haven't "we" ever released the BlackboxV2.gau to the public? ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'll see what I can figure out with the C gauge. Thanks for your help. Here's another related question...Instead of writing to a file, can you display text in a gauge that is selectable - meaning you can copy it from the gauge and paste elsewhere.I want to build a gauge that essentially saves, prints, or displays a flight report with a bunch of variables that are set/checked throughout the flight.Jared

Wow!! A gauge, not module that can do a read/write(customizable) for us xml folks would be the cats meow...EX.. This is onThat is offthis is 54On panel unload write to text.1054still in the unload process do a panel reload thenwrite a new gauge in a format made by a custom made .ini also read by the gauge.Ex.(L:INI, bool) 0 == if{ 1 (>L:First value, number) 0 (>L:Second Value, number) 54 (>L:Third Value, number) 1 (>L:INI, bool) }If BlackboxV2.gau does this, goin public would be cool. Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

>If BlackboxV2.gau does this, goin public would be cool.Yes, that is what the BlackboxV2.gau does...In it's present condition, it is actually set up to save up to 20 integer variables and/or 20 float variables.It also allows you to specify the path/filename for your data as the "5th parameter" in a panel.cfg entry for the gauge:gauge00=blackbox_v2!blackbox, 0,0,105,87,SimObjectsAirplanesMy AirplaneMyDataIn the example above, a MyData.dat file would be created in the My Airplane folder of FSX (or FS9 by using the correct path).The file would look something like this:[integers]Int_Value1=55Int_Value2=0Int_Value3=1Int_Value4=1Int_Value5=0Int_Value6=250Int_Value7=1Int_Value8=1510Int_Value9=0Int_Value10=0Int_Value11=0Int_Value12=0Int_Value13=0Int_Value14=0Int_Value15=0Int_Value16=0Int_Value17=0Int_Value18=0Int_Value19=0Int_Value20=0[Floats]Float_Value1=0.235Float_Value2=12.84655201Float_Value3=0.Float_Value4=0.Float_Value5=0.Float_Value6=0.Float_Value7=0.Float_Value8=0.Float_Value9=0.Float_Value10=0.Float_Value11=0.Float_Value12=0.Float_Value13=0.Float_Value14=0.Float_Value15=0.Float_Value16=0.Float_Value17=0.Float_Value18=0.Float_Value19=0.Float_Value20=0.[Design]Design_Mode=0The "Design_Mode" flag, when set to 1 will allow the gauge to be visible on your 2d panel for testing purposes. Setting it back to 0 will hide the gauge, as would setting the gauge entry to 0,0,1,1...In addition, it could also be used by anyone writing a C gauge who didn't want to take the time to write their own file I/O routine, or those who use Easy Gauge and CANNOT write any file I/O... ;)IF I find some time over the next week or so, I'll see about writing up a small manual and getting it uploaded to AVSIM, but I make no promises, nor will I offer any support for this, as I simply do NOT have the time for it... LOL!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator