Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

FSX Air File Help

I am looking for some information on the air file parameters. I have the AirEd latest version. In particular I am trying to fix an FSX plane that has low oil pressure. I see a parameter (544) in the air file. I cannot find any place that gives instructions on this, and many other, parameters. Thanks, regards, Bob.

Guest Ron Freimuth

>I am looking for some information on the air file parameters.>I have the AirEd latest version. In particular I am trying to>fix an FSX plane that has low oil pressure. I see a parameter>(544) in the air file. I cannot find any place that gives>instructions on this, and many other, parameters. Thanks,>regards, Bob. Be sure you have my recent aired.ini file. Available from Herve' Sors' site: . REC 544 has an entry: "Oil Pressure Limit ( 144 psi) = xxx". Right clicking on that parameter gives Info: "Typ 10000 (69.4 psi" Most other parameters either have units for the Parameter, or Info that might be of help. RAF

Hi. Thanks. I downloaded the new ini file. The listings in my air file line 544 are:Oil Pressure Scale factor 1.000000Oil Pressure Limit 10080.0000000Oil Pressure Rate of Change 0.800000When I right click on any line I get:Bytes in record (gives a number)Offset into file (gives info)No help text in AirEd iniWhat does all this info say to me? I am still lost. Thanks, regards, Bob.

Has low oil pressure when?You can't just go changing the values simply because they only affect how the sim simulates the pressure level.A bit more specific on what exactly is off, and when would be helpful.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest Ron Freimuth

>Hi. Thanks. I downloaded the new ini file. The listings in my>air file line 544 are:>Oil Pressure Scale factor 1.000000>Oil Pressure Limit 10080.0000000>Oil Pressure Rate of Change 0.800000>>When I right click on any line I get:>>Bytes in record (gives a number)>Offset into file (gives info)>No help text in AirEd ini>>What does all this info say to me? I am still lost. Thanks,>regards, Bob. Try the attached file. Rename it aired.ini and put in the same folder as aired.exe. There is an "*" on paramters with Info. Anyway, I gave the Info in my first message. If you want lower Oil pressure reduce that 10080 value. Ron

Hi Ed. The Low Oil Pressure lights are on when the RPM is at normal values. The indicated right and left engine oil pressurs are about 50 psig. Thanks, best regards, Bob.