Sign in to follow this  
Guest ghrasko

autopilot attitude hold question

Hi,When using AP ATT HOLD, it switches On and Off and On and..etc.What do you have to do to make it work?Changes in the acft.cfg?Default bank and pitch etc.?Never used it, but can be usefull in autoland flare:INC PITCH to say 4 degrees and ATT HOLD.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hi Jan I never got this to work either! I used elevator trim in the end. Maybe linked to Alt hold or V/S?

Paul EGLD

Guest ghrasko

I am also planning to program an autopilot with pitch hold. Is that feature working? I see the following Event IDs:KEY_AP_PITCH_REF_INC_UPKEY_AP_PITCH_REF_INC_DNalsoKEY_AP_ATT_HOLDKEY_AP_ATT_HOLD_ONbut these latests seems to turn on pitch hold AND wing leveler together and I do not want to combine them.Is there a simple PITCH hold function?Gabor

Hi,In combination with:(>K:SYNC_FLIGHT_DIRECTOR_PITCH)(>K:AP_PITCH_REF_INC_DN) (>K:AP_PITCH_REF_INC_UP) Does work with flightdirector on.Alt hold seems to cancel it.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Hello Just started on the 737-800 CWS, this seems to work OK. (L:HOLDattitude, bool) if{ (A:ATTITUDE INDICATOR PITCH DEGREES,degrees) (L:ATTcontrol,number) 0.75 - < | if{ (>K:ELEV_TRIM_DN) } (A:ATTITUDE INDICATOR PITCH DEGREES,degrees) (L:ATTcontrol,number) 0.75 + > | if{ (>K:ELEV_TRIM_UP) } } (L:HOLDattitude, bool) ! (>L:HOLDattitude, bool) (L:HOLDattitude, bool) if{ (A:ATTITUDE INDICATOR PITCH DEGREES,degrees) (>L:ATTcontrol,number) (>K:AP_PANEL_ALTITUDE_OFF) 0 (>L:VNAV,bool) } Next hoping to code CW pitch position to activate pitch correctly.

Paul EGLD

>KEY_AP_ATT_HOLD>KEY_AP_ATT_HOLD_ON>>but these latests seems to turn on pitch hold AND wing leveler>together and I do not want to combine them.>>Is there a simple PITCH hold function?Simply send a command to turn OFF the wing leveler immediately following your KEY_AP_ATT_HOLD command. ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest ghrasko

Thanks for all, I will test these things!By the way it seems I am the only one still programming gauges in C instead of XML :)Fortunatelly I could "de-code" most of your XML codes.Gabor

>By the way it seems I am the only one still programming gauges>in C instead of XML :)Not quite the only one, but there surely aren't many of us left... :( Doug

Btw.Disregard the first question.Found burried deep inside a totally wrong coded banklimiter, which caused the problems with the ap attitude hold function.Stupid me!!Now autoland functions as expected.Jan"Beatus ille qui procul negotiis..."

Guest ghrasko

Ahh, this AP is still too new for me. The AIRCRAFT_AUTOPILOT_AVAILABLE is 0 for my aircraft, so it seems I can not use the AP variables. What should be changed in the aircraft to have an AP? Is it the model file, or the dynamics? It seems setting the appropriate value in the aircraft.cfg is not enough.By the way I am planning to re-write the custom AP of an aircraft. Presently the complete AP functionality is programmed but it is not good. I either rewrite the complete logic, or I start to use the FS built-in AP logic. I thik I can "simulate" most of the functions with the help of the standard functions, but so far I could not make it work.It is the good old Samborski An24-RV project and I am developping part of the navigation equipment.See http://an24.uw.hu. During the last years I developped some navigation equipment and made the complete nav documentation.Gabor

>Thanks for all, I will test these things!>>By the way it seems I am the only one still programming gauges>in C instead of XML :)>>Fortunatelly I could "de-code" most of your XML codes.>>GaborNot at all. Most of the commercial developers use C. XML is too much of a resource hog and can't be protected... Here's an example of canceling the wingleveler after setting a new vertical speed (simulated VS Hold function).BOOL FSAPI APMD_mouse_cb10( PPIXPOINT relative_point, FLAGS32 mouse_flags){ if ( vs_hold == 0 ) { vs_hold = 1 ; } else { vs_hold = 0 ; } (GaugePlaySound)("soundESDGpush.wav","",0) ; if ( vs_hold == 1 ) { dvspeed = 0 ; trigger_key_event(KEY_AP_VS_VAR_SET_ENGLISH, dvspeed); trigger_key_event(KEY_AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH, (ALT_FROM_BAROMETRIC_PRESSUREvar.var_value.n) ); trigger_key_event(KEY_AP_WING_LEVELER_OFF,0); trigger_key_event(KEY_AP_PANEL_VS_OFF, 0); olddvspeed = dvspeed; } if ( vs_hold == 0 && ( alt_select == 1 || alt_select ==2 )) // capture current altitude {send_key_event(KEY_AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH, ALT_FROM_BAROMETRIC_PRESSUREvar.var_value.n) ; } return FALSE;}

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest ghrasko

One of my questions was missed. On my An24 the AIRCRAFT_AUTOPILOT_AVAILABLE variable shows 0 instead of 1 meaning - I guess- that AP functionalities are not available. Ind this is what I experience in fact with my direct AP calls - unless I make something wrong.Interestingly the An24 developer team could not tell me at which part of the aircraft modelling this should be set. Maybe nowhere and only I am making something wrong. My guess however is that this should be set in any (or more) of the following places:- aircraft.cfg (I tried with no effect)- dynamics file- model file- gauge code ???Do you have any idea about this? The very first thing I would like to reach is that AIRCRAFT_AUTOPILOT_AVAILABLE should contain 1 instead of 0.Gabor

Guest ghrasko

I downloaded AirEd and checked some *.air files. It has a section number 317 with the autopilot availability:- Autopilot available- VS Hold available- ...For my aircraft these are set to TRUE. I also checked the aircraft.cfg:[autopilot]autopilot_available=0This line should be either changed - I guess -, or the value should be set to 1.I already made this without success, so I should have been doing something wrong. I will make some more careful tests.Gabor